New Rickenbacker Colours in the UK

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

scotty

Re: New Rickenbacker Colours in the UK

Post by scotty »

i might need to eat my words here................Things might have changed.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

paologregorio wrote:For all we know, the model may have 21 frets as well.
Wouldn't that be getting less for your money, then? :mrgreen:
fireglo67

Post by fireglo67 »

You just want to pray that Ric don't decide to stick them in a vintage case.
That'll probably be another £700 on the price. :lol:
electrofaro

Post by electrofaro »

I'm still waiting for the pictures before commenting on f-holes, 21 frets or whatever! :mrgreen:
'67 Fender Coronado II CAB * '17 1963 ES-335 PB * currently rickless
fireglo67

Post by fireglo67 »

All this needs is the actual final spec and price of the guitar.
Then we can decide if we're being shafted or not, then either whack our orders in or move on.
godber
Advanced Member

Post by godber »

It will be too late by then Rob, they'll be gone.
fireglo67

Post by fireglo67 »

godber wrote:It will be too late by then Rob, they'll be gone.
Don't worry, you'll be able to get hold of one from Olivias for $2k more not long after they're all sold. :wink:
parker_knoll

Post by parker_knoll »

i just want a semi with a wide neck. that's all i want.
RIC_FACTORY
RIC

Post by RIC_FACTORY »

Tim, just be sure to give these guitars a right good polish with some Brillianize before you hand them over to their new owners. Given the fact that only TEN will be made in this color (exclusively for the UK mind you) ever with these appointments, these may very well be amongst the most coveted Ricks of all time in the not too distant future. Imagine that, Ricks that folks in the states lust after! :shock:

21 frets, F hole a la Townshend special edition, new Schaller VINTAGE tuners, figured fretboards, yeah, I think these guitars will be worth it! :lol:
RIC_FACTORY
RIC

Post by RIC_FACTORY »

Oh yeah, and don't get me started on the "Road Worn" Fender thing and their whole MIM vs MIA deal based on what I've been told (I would never pay more for a MIA unless it was a Custom Shop job) because I might get banned... :wink:

In any event, with all the people they just fired over there, who can keep track?
scotty

Post by scotty »

RIC_FACTORY wrote:
21 frets, F hole a la Townshend special edition, new Schaller VINTAGE tuners, figured fretboards, yeah, I think these guitars will be worth it! :lol:
Wow! :shock:
electrofaro

Post by electrofaro »

scotty wrote:
RIC_FACTORY wrote:
Wow! :shock:
Indeed... where's my lottery ticket! :!: :shock:
'67 Fender Coronado II CAB * '17 1963 ES-335 PB * currently rickless
fireglo67

Post by fireglo67 »

The specs look good.
And the final price is?
BuddyDog
Intermediate Member

Post by BuddyDog »

RIC_FACTORY wrote:Tim, just be sure to give these guitars a right good polish with some Brillianize before you hand them over to their new owners. Given the fact that only TEN will be made in this color (exclusively for the UK mind you) ever with these appointments, these may very well be amongst the most coveted Ricks of all time in the not too distant future. Imagine that, Ricks that folks in the states lust after! :shock:

I'm still lusting after a 360/6C63 in Jet-Glo, Ben :) . Just can't go to Japan to get one!
2009 360/6 Fire-Glo 2009 360/12C63 FG 1975 4001 White/BT
Chords mangled, no waiting!
manta
Intermediate Member

Post by manta »

I am not really sure what all the fuss is about here. I have seen RIC occasionally create some special runs for special events/anniversaries for the Japan distributor for many years. A couple of those I'd really like to have as well. And this new creation for the UK sounds intriguing.
But I don't want to see RIC coming up with something to just, well, come up with something.
For the first time since 1965, I don't have a FG RIC in my collection. What I love and truly appreciate about this company and it's guitars is that I know when I go o buy a new one, I am going to get a very well made musical instrument faithful to a high standard of quality few other makers can boast. So I know when I order a new FG model from POTR or another good shop, I'm going to open the case and have no issues and will have something that has an oooh-aahh factor in look and sound.
It's great when a COY is announced or a LE model, and I own a couple of those, but please don't start going nuts on me with a new model every 3 months. I have been able to truly count on Rickenbacker for more than 45 years now of my playing life. I want that to continue. I see innovations all the time coming from the factory. Nobody there is letting grass grow.
I think it is a positive thing that RIC is willing to work with their rep to do something special every once-in-a-while.
Now tell me more about this pearl axe coming down the pike.
Manta (Tim Rock)
http://www.mantaraymusic.com
1993 Plus FG, 730L-12, 4001FL, Danelectro 6/12, Storyboard Strat

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”