Two More Jackson Browne Prototypes In Rickenbacker Museum

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

LenMinNJ
Intermediate Member

Post by LenMinNJ »

John Hall recently posted that he's brought two more of the Jackson Browne/Scott Thurston prototype guitars out of storage. They're now in the Rickenbacker museum. That makes a total of five JB prototypes in the museum.

Has anyone been there lately? Anyone have photos of the two recently installed JB prototypes?
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Len, did you see this thread and pictures posted, from a few months back, of JB and Collin's visit ?
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=408743
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Re: Two More Jackson Browne Prototypes In Rickenbacker Museu

Post by doctorwho »

8mileshigher wrote:Len, did you see this thread and pictures posted, from a few months back, of JB and Collin's visit ?
The link in that thread isn't working for me.
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

doctorwho wrote:
8mileshigher wrote:Len, did you see this thread and pictures posted, from a few months back, of JB and Collin's visit ?
The link in that thread isn't working for me.
It's only temporary, Squarespace is having a rare outage tonight (specifically, a DDOS attack). Try again in the morning. :D
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

Seems to be back online now!
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Yep, it's working now for me. Thanks, JB! :) 8)
LenMinNJ
Intermediate Member

Post by LenMinNJ »

Yes, I have seen those photos.

Unfortunately, John Hall added the two other JB prototypes after their vist to the museum.
rickboy88
Intermediate Member

Post by rickboy88 »

I am actually in Santa Ana tonight as I type this post, staying a hotel within a short walking distance of Ric's headquarters. If I was better at planning ahead, I could have tried to fly in earlier today and see if I could wangle a visit to the museum.

I should be here once a quarter for customer visits, and may be flying into Santa Ana/John Wayne in the future, which would give me another opportunity to set up an earlier flight. Sometimes I fly into LAX and work my way down to San Diego with the sales reps. It varies.

It's a bit more humid here tonight than what I am used to in Colorado, but I liked the cooler temperature. I told the fellow on the hotel shuttle that Ric's headquarters was a short walk from the hotel, and he related that he played trumpet, then I related I also played trombone. You never know who you'll meet.
"Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect." Vince Lombardi
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

rickboy88 wrote:I am actually in Santa Ana tonight as I type this post, staying a hotel within a short walking distance of Ric's headquarters...
David, if you let us know when you'll be in town here, I (and probably some of the other locals) would love to meet up with you for dinner and talk if your schedule allows. :) 8)
rickboy88
Intermediate Member

Post by rickboy88 »

I am actually back in Santa Ana tonight - boy is it humid here for a Colorado rickboy - after a day in San Diego yesterday (took the Amtrak each way).

I am again staying close to Ric HQ. In fact, I just walked to and from Ric the back way along the back of the high rise buildings near the Doubletree for a nice 50 minute walk. I also walked around the big man made "cement" pond where the high rise condos are. I saw someone at the back of the Ric building with one of the dock doors open, but I decided not to bother him, even though it was really tempting. I didn't want to cause any concern, as it was getting dark. I was surprised to see so many new apartment buildings going up since the last time.

If you PM me your cell # and/or email address I could make sure to add it to my phone for the next time. I thought that I'd sent you mine via PM, but I'm not 100% sure. I plan to be here each quarter, so my next target trip would be the first part of October. I will typically be in Santa Ana near Ric at least one night. My two nights here this trip is a bit more rare and the first time that happened.

The next time I'd like to arrange it so I'd have more free time and coordinate with Ric on at least a museum visit if possible. It would work out best if I flew into Santa Ana/John Wayne like I did this time and arrive mid-day rather than evening.
"Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect." Vince Lombardi
LenMinNJ
Intermediate Member

Post by LenMinNJ »

It's been a while since I posted this query.

Has anyone seen the two new Jackson Browne LE prototypes that John Hall has added to the Rickenbacker Museum?
notviceversa
RIC

Post by notviceversa »

LenMinNJ wrote:It's been a while since I posted this query.

Has anyone seen the two new Jackson Browne LE prototypes that John Hall has added to the Rickenbacker Museum?
I have. I brought them back to life.
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

notviceversa wrote:

I have. I brought them back to life.
Sweet! :) 8)
LenMinNJ
Intermediate Member

Post by LenMinNJ »

Tell us more!
LenMinNJ
Intermediate Member

Post by LenMinNJ »

Anyone have an update?

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”