NAMM 2014

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Re: NAMM 2014

Post by johnallg »

paologregorio wrote:The guitars and basses are nice and light. The maple necks and fretboard do not have UV; they're bare/oil finished, like the rest of the instrument.
My 4004C is very light. When it arrived and I went to pick it up, I almost hit the ceiling it was so light, and it was parallel to the ceiling.
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

rickenbrother wrote:My short and sweet review on the Walnut series:

Visually and sonically appealing and they weigh less than their maple bodied counterparts. RIC hit a home run with these.
+1!
The oil finished neck is fantastic!
8) 8) 8)
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
Roberthathaway

Post by Roberthathaway »

Did anyone attend NAMM 2014 and actually play the 4003W that was on display. I know if I would have gone, I would have plugged it in and ran a few scales on it to see how it played, sounded, etc. Anyone out there who did that and can provide commentary, it would be greatly appreciated.
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

I did get to try out one they had in the back room. No amp was available so I can't really comment on the sound. I can't even say much about the sound acoustically since it's so loud at NAMM it's pretty much impossible to hear an unamplified electric bass. It felt great, a bit lighter than a standard 4003, seemed to have good resonance/sustain. According to Ben Hall, they have a bit more "open" sound...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
cassius987

Post by cassius987 »

rickenbrother wrote:Visually and sonically appealing and they weigh less than their maple bodied counterparts. RIC hit a home run with these.
Did you get to try one on a strap? If they are significantly lighter and it's coming from the body end, I wonder if they've gotten a bit neck divey as a result.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

rickenbottom wrote:
cjj wrote:Well, perhaps the opposite of cold and snowy would be warm and sunny.

So, maybe something in the yellow or orange range...
Well the opposite of Snowglo could be possibly Skyglo :) A nice light blue, maybe !!!!
Prophetic... :shock:
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

jdogric12 wrote:
rickenbottom wrote:
cjj wrote:Well, perhaps the opposite of cold and snowy would be warm and sunny.

So, maybe something in the yellow or orange range...
Well the opposite of Snowglo could be possibly Skyglo :) A nice light blue, maybe !!!!
Prophetic... :shock:
Or, insider information. :mrgreen:

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”