!970's Case Candy

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

oxfan

!970's Case Candy

Post by oxfan »

Did Rickenbacker have tags paperwork etc...with their 1970's guitars & basses? I see very little to nothing on the net. I have seen the dust cloths & tort pviks but nothing else.
Badanovski

Re: !970's Case Candy

Post by Badanovski »

I bought 2 new Ric basses in the 70's. All I got with them was case keys & a large folded piece of paper with the generic manual. The second bass was a special order through a friend of mine working in a small local store, so I'm pretty sure I got all that came with it. I recently found one of those manuals with some old papers I was looking through. Time to let go of some stuff!!! :mrgreen:
oxfan

Post by oxfan »

So are you planning to list that stuff on ebay? I have a mid 70's 4001 I'd like to get those papers for.
Badanovski

Post by Badanovski »

As the "Manual" is on a single sheet of paper, I doubt it would be worth much. I was feeling nostalgic last night & looked for it. I didn't see it & asked the wife if she'd seen the papers. She said no but, she has a tendency to toss my stuff that she believes is junk. Never her stuff. Probably shouldn't have mentioned the folder to her when I 1st found it. :mrgreen:
Captain Bob

Post by Captain Bob »

Hopefully, I have my timeline together in my brain...

Indeed, the piece of paper 'manual' depicting neck adjustment etc.(its on the net as a photo) and a light blue colored warranty/registration card. This was printed on a heavier card stock with a perforated 'tear off' for the warranty portion, as I recall. Hopefully, I have the decades in order.
1964 4001S Fireglo
squirebass
Veteran RRF member

Post by squirebass »

I got the blue cardstock warranty info with both of the new Ricks I purchased back in the mid '90s, I wonder if that goes all the way back to the 60s?
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

squirebass wrote:I got the blue cardstock warranty info with both of the new Ricks I purchased back in the mid '90s, I wonder if that goes all the way back to the 60s?
It was in the mid to late 90's they switched to the more modern non-blue slick, glossy cards. So yours may be one of the last blues!

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”