Return to the Fold?

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

junglejem

Return to the Fold?

Post by junglejem »

Hi Folks...it has been several years away from the forum, but I felt inclined to come back, having just purchased a new Mapleglo 360/6 (lefty of course) to go with my beloved 12 string (started life as a Mapleglo 330/12, then Paul Wilcynski performed a wonderful conversion to basically a vintage 360WB...full binding on body and fingerboard, pyramid markers, re-finish, etc...I can honestly say it is the nicest Rick 12 I've ever seen and I own it!).
At any rate, I'm playing in primarily an acoustic trio, heavy on the vocal harmonies, doing 60's, 70's and some 80's tunes...Beatles, Hollies, Linda Ronstadt, Byrds, CSNY, etc. I just recently started bringing the Rick 12 to gigs for songs like "Look Through Any Window", "Every Time You Walk Into the Room", "Turn, Turn, Turn", "My Back Pages" etc. It dawned on me...a 360/6 might be a tasty addition for songs where some jangle would be nice, but 12 strings not necessarily appropriate. So its on its way. I can envision doing an entire gig with just the two Ricks and my mandolin, and not even bringing an acoustic.

At any rate, my love of Ricks has been rejuvenated and with that, I might be sniffing around here more often. So greetings to all.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Re: Return to the Fold?

Post by jdogric12 »

Welcome back! Do you have a 5002 as well?
stringsncords
Intermediate Member

Post by stringsncords »

I've done it several times - after years of playing in bands, I went solo acoustic about 15 years ago....

I used my 360WB at a gig last year, and loved it - I had a 3 gigs in 3 days stretch, and basically used the Rick because it's easier on the hands. I played it through my Fender Super Champ XD lined out into my Bose L1 system. That was it, and it was awesome.

I've done it several times since then - lots of compliments on the guitar!
Attachments
New Rig.JPG
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Post by whojamfan »

I too have returned after a few years hiatus. Lock up yer livestock-haha
Gladto be back, missed the generally kind nature of this forum(:
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »