Greetings from Colorado!

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

ScottWally

Greetings from Colorado!

Post by ScottWally »

New member, have used RickResource in the past and have owned 3 Ric guitars. I just bought a 'new to me' and almost new period (PO bought it new last May) Mapleglo 4003. He said he only played it 2'hours, liked his Music Man and Fenders better so decided to just sell it. His loss, my gain. I saved a few hundred $ and got a perfect bass.

Thinking of switching the factory roundwounds out for some flatwounds, but can't imagine doing anything else to this beauty. He already removed the bridge pickup guard and installed a matte black 'filler' bezel which is exactly what I would've done.

Looking forward to delving through the site from a bassist's standpoint as I've only perused it from a guitar player's perspective in the past. Can't imagine I'll be more than a lurker with all the expert contributors though.

Cheers!

Scott

PS - heading to the UK in 3 weeks and planning a few hours in the Beatles' area of Liverpool. Thanks in advance for any pointers not obvious in the Liverpool section here on the Forum. SW
admin
Site Admin

Re: Greetings from Colorado!

Post by admin »

Welcome Scott. Thanks for sharing your comments and I hope you have a fantastic time in Liverpool. Please keep us posted.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”