Neck or Bridge Toaster pickup

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

chuckfalcon

Neck or Bridge Toaster pickup

Post by chuckfalcon »

Hi everyone, I have a pair of vintage style toaster pickups for my Rickenbacker 330. One measures in at 7.18 ohms and the other measures in at 7.24 ohms. Which one is best suited for the neck and which for the bridge. Is the difference so little that it doesn't really matter? Any help at all? Thanks everybody

Chuck
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Re: Neck or Bridge Toaster pickup

Post by sloop_john_b »

chuckfalcon wrote:Hi everyone, I have a pair of vintage style toaster pickups for my Rickenbacker 330. One measures in at 7.18 ohms and the other measures in at 7.24 ohms. Which one is best suited for the neck and which for the bridge. Is the difference so little that it doesn't really matter? Any help at all? Thanks everybody

Chuck
Hey Chuck, that difference is negligible - either will work fine in either position. :D
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Post by whojamfan »

Really little, if any, difference-but-since you already measured them, stick the hotter one in the bridge.
chuckfalcon

Post by chuckfalcon »

Awesome! thanks guys for the input! I can't wait to hear these babies in the Ric!
iiipopes
Intermediate Member

Post by iiipopes »

Are they both "long magnet" pickups, meaning that the alnico slugs stick out from the bottom? If so, then all the above. If you happen to have a "short magnet" toaster, meaning the slugs are flush with the bottom of the pickup, then it is traditional to put that pickup in the neck position.

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”