Roll Call !!

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

8mileshigher

Roll Call !!

Post by 8mileshigher »

I'm still here, regularly checking in.
I think I check in here at the RRF more frequently then I do fb.
There is always so much to learn about Rickenbackers and I have met some really great people through the RRF and attending Confluences and Jams ....

And Peter, we really appreciate all you have done over the decades in making the RRF and the RRF-fb page such a resource.
"What we've got is Blind Faith in each other" Steve Winwood, Newsweek July 28 1969

10 4003 FG
06 WB BRG
04 660-12 JG
03 360-12 FG
99 V64 six FG
96 650-A TQ
94 V64-12 JG
81 370-WB JG
73 480 DaphBlue
61 Cons Steel MG
admin
Site Admin

Re: Roll Call !!

Post by admin »

8mileshigher wrote:I'm still here, regularly checking in.
I think I check in here at the RRF more frequently then I do fb.
There is always so much to learn about Rickenbackers and I have met some really great people through the RRF and attending Confluences and Jams ....

And Peter, we really appreciate all you have done over the decades in making the RRF and the RRF-fb page such a resource.
Rich, thanks for the eight-miles-higher checking. Your comments are appreciated. :)
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277

Post by 4003 »

Hello Peter and all.....

I am Bob Combs. Rickenbacker player/collector since the early 80s. Member on here since 2004. My first batch of instruments I registered are on the first page of the Rickenbacker Register - specifically record numbers 83-90. I have traded or sold most of them at this point. Over the years, I have owned 20 different ones. I love the Rickenbackers I still have (4003, 250 El Dorado, 4001, 700C - PW Slant Fret) but sadly do not got to play as much these days. I still check-in from time-to-time to keep up with things - never a big participant but always a great lurker!

Like some others have said... Thank you, Peter, for providing this site. It has been hours of good entertainment and learning over the years.

Bob
drumbob
RRF Consultant

Post by drumbob »

I have been very active lately on this forum, because I have cut back elsewhere. I used to spend more time at Let's Talk Guild, because I used to work for Guild and like some Guild models, but I have gotten annoyed at some of the attitudes over there. You have the purists who recoil in horror if you change one feature of a guitar. You have a few self-appointed "experts" who throw their weight around, and one guy who writes lengthy reviews of new and old models and thinks he's God's gift to journalism. Of course, he makes spelling, grammar and punctuation mistakes. Some members fawn all over him every time he writes a review. It's kind of sickening.

I am a member at the Les Paul forum, but have found it cliquey. I stay away from the Tele forum, because there are too many attitudes. I go to the Canadian guitar forum, but that's very slow moving. Same with the Vintage drum forum, which is like a morgue most of the time. Gearpage is still my main stop in forumland. I've been on there for years, and I like the action. It's very fast moving.

I like the people here and I like Rickenbacker guitars. Pretty simple.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Bob, Welcome! We are thrilled to have you back. Please check your Private Messages. :)
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
drumbob
RRF Consultant

Post by drumbob »

Thank you, Peter. I'm still here, but lately, I can't help but notice that this board no longer has the traffic it used to have. It's very disturbing to me. Threads sit for months, often with no response from anyone. Someone gets a new Rick, he's excited, and there's hardly any response at all. Where have people gone? Why have they lost interest? Are they no longer playing Rickenbackers? Are they bored or tired of the format they see here? I think it's worth discussing.

Peter, I have sent you a PM. I hope you will consider what I wrote and discuss your ideas with me.
ric480
Veteran RRF member

Post by ric480 »

Still check in every morning. Never been on FB, and never will.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

John, very glad to have you here. :)

thx1955
Veteran RRF member

Post by thx1955 »

ric480 wrote:Still check in every morning. Never been on FB, and never will.
Likewise, still checking in here daily
"It's Red Jim, but not as we know it...."
mark_g

Post by mark_g »

I still check in but rarely post.
This forum is a wonderful source of info.
Tubwompus

Post by Tubwompus »

Still poking my nose in daily ova heeya.
(I haven’t forgotten about the recording session A/B’ing all 3 of my 12-strings. Corona has everything skidded to a halt, dontchaknow.)
I hope everybody’s respective worlds are beautiful.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Loving the notes that each of you have left here. Thanks for your continued support. :)

thx1955
Veteran RRF member

Post by thx1955 »

admin wrote:Loving the notes that each of you have left here. Thanks for your continued support. :)
I'll be here as long as the Site is :D
"It's Red Jim, but not as we know it...."
xStonr

Post by xStonr »

It took a long time but I just got here.
espidog

Post by espidog »

xStonr wrote:It took a long time but I just got here.
Gorgeous! Even just looking at that photo I'm getting the new rick smell... 8)
2004 4003 JetGlo
Epiphone Jack Casady
Ovation Magnum 1
Mania VTB-4BS
Dean Stylist w/ John Birch Magnum II pups
Yamaha BB414
Trace Elliot VA350/GP11 Mk1
Peavey TB-Raxx
2 BFM Omni 10.5 crossfire cabs
Roland Bass Cube 100

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”