New member, just saying hello.

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Dcbowling

New member, just saying hello.

Post by Dcbowling »

So I've kinda stalked this forum for years, but never got around to signing up until now. I've had my MG 620/6 for a little over a year now and I absolutely love it. I've always been a Ric fan, but just couldn't ever really afford one., I could have bought a fake but I couldn't bring myself to do it, it's like looking at a Rickenbacker thru a fun house mirror!
I finally got my dealer to order me one and figured that I could just pay on it until it arrived, and 13 months later it did! It was love at first sight, and it's quickly turned into my #1. Ive had alot of guitars over the years of all prices/qualities and I've always gone back to a Mustang but this Ric has been amazing. It had a couple of things that could be perceived as imperfections but I have always seen it as it's personality, and identifiers for me if it was ever stolen.
20170921_120028.jpg
I looked into having it converted into a 12 string (I didn't think I needed one at the time, but now I think I do) but that would cost as much as buying a nice used 12 so that's what I'm saving for now. My wife says I have to buy her new implants before I get a new guitar, so my logic is if she gets new twins, so should I, I just happen to want a pair of Ric's, she wants a pair of.... well you know.. It's a win win for me!
Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself, and my baby ( I call her Debbie, lol)
admin
Site Admin

Re: New member, just saying hello.

Post by admin »

Welcome. thanks for sharing this information. A very nice Rickenbcaker!
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
Dcbowling

Post by Dcbowling »

admin wrote:Welcome. thanks for sharing this information. A very nice Rickenbcaker!
Thank you, I figured as long as I've been reading this forum I know so much about the members here, it was only right to share a bit about me. As with all pictures, they don't do it justice. It's a 2016, and I know there was a switch to Caribbean Rosewood a few years ago but I swear this one looks Bubinga to me.
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Sweet guitar! And welcome to the RRF!
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
Dcbowling

Post by Dcbowling »

cjj wrote:Sweet guitar! And welcome to the RRF!
Thanks!
Ontario_RIC_fan
Advanced Member

Post by Ontario_RIC_fan »

Welcome to the RRF David...

We all started with just one RIC! lol

My first one was a JG 620, way back in 1982, and they remain my favorite electric guitar to this day... My second was a 1980 FG 620/12
8.jpg
You might consider a 660/12, as it has the slightly wider neck...
Brian Morton
A Rickenbacker Fan
in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
=========================
67 FG 625
74 JG 4000
76 JG 430
77 JG 620
77 JG 320
79 MG 450
79 JG 4001
80 FG 620/12
81 BG 480
91 JG 610
02 BG 620
78 TR7
83 TR25
Dcbowling

Post by Dcbowling »

Ontario_RIC_fan wrote:Welcome to the RRF David...

We all started with just one RIC! lol

My first one was a JG 620, way back in 1982, and they remain my favorite electric guitar to this day... My second was a 1980 FG 620/12
8.jpg
You might consider a 660/12, as it has the slightly wider neck...
Thank you, Yea it'll happen. Right now I've got two "savings jars", one for the wife and one for me. I have a 620/12 on the list too but the 325 is definitely next.
I've played the 660s and I really didn't care for the neck. I've always played Mustangs, Duo-Sonic's and my main Strat is a 1983 MIJ Squier SQ series, all of which have skinny necks. I like the look of the 660 but I prefer the feel of the 620.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Dcbowling wrote:...Right now I've got two "savings jars", one for the wife and one for me...
Does your wife keep track of how much is in hers? :twisted:
Dcbowling

Post by Dcbowling »

jps wrote:
Dcbowling wrote:...Right now I've got two "savings jars", one for the wife and one for me...
Does your wife keep track of how much is in hers? :twisted:
Lol, nope. And she doesn't notice the massive amount of pennies at the bottom of her jar!
To look at them, hers if fuller.... I love pennies, they're like real money, only worthless.
There's been too many guitars that I've bought for "$50" only for her to look it up and find out I spent $1200
Now she's looked to see see what guitars I have and knows when a new one slips into the mix. I used to tell her I was planning to spend 2-3K on a guitar and she'd freak out, only to be happy that I only spent $800 but after 15 years of marriage, she knows my tricks. Now everything I want comes at a cost, and she's not letting up. She wants her fake boobs, and I can't get anything until she does!
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Dcbowling wrote:...I love pennies, they're like real money, only worthless.
I think the Canadians feel the same way about their currency, these days. :wink:
Dcbowling wrote:
Dcbowling wrote:She wants her fake boobs, and I can't get anything until she does!
I suppose you'd better get ready to buy a pair of fake guitars to go with her soon-to-be new appliances. :mrgreen:
Dcbowling

Post by Dcbowling »

jps wrote:
Dcbowling wrote:...I love pennies, they're like real money, only worthless.
I think the Canadians feel the same way about their currency, these days. :wink:

Yea they quit minting them a few years ago didn't they?
Dcbowling wrote:
Dcbowling wrote:She wants her fake boobs, and I can't get anything until she does!
I suppose you'd better get ready to buy a pair of fake guitars to go with her soon-to-be new appliances. :mrgreen:
Yea maybe a nice pair of Rockinbetters, then I'll go online and tell everyone how they're just as good as a real Rickenbacker, even though they sound like a cross between someone strumming a tin can and someone choking a cat, Ill have cuts all over my hands from ragged fret end, but it plays just as good a real Ric. Oh and I'll reference how good Tokai was in the 80's even though these aren't even a shadow of the quality of the old ones... Sorry, got a little carried away..
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Dcbowling wrote:...Yea maybe a nice pair of Rockinbetters, then I'll go online and tell everyone how they're just as good as a real Rickenbacker, even though they sound like a cross between someone strumming a tin can and someone choking a cat, Ill have cuts all over my hands from ragged fret end, but it plays just as good a real Ric. Oh and I'll reference how good Tokai was in the 80's even though these aren't even a shadow of the quality of the old ones... Sorry, got a little carried away..
Is this the same argument you give your wife re: her upcoming :mrgreen: appendages? For some reason, Woody Allen's film Everything You Know About Sex comes to mind. :wink: You know which scene I'm talking about. :D
Dcbowling

Post by Dcbowling »

jps wrote:
Dcbowling wrote:...Yea maybe a nice pair of Rockinbetters, then I'll go online and tell everyone how they're just as good as a real Rickenbacker, even though they sound like a cross between someone strumming a tin can and someone choking a cat, Ill have cuts all over my hands from ragged fret end, but it plays just as good a real Ric. Oh and I'll reference how good Tokai was in the 80's even though these aren't even a shadow of the quality of the old ones... Sorry, got a little carried away..
Is this the same argument you give your wife re: her upcoming :mrgreen: appendages? For some reason, Woody Allen's film Everything You Know About Sex comes to mind. :wink: You know which scene I'm talking about. :D
When they're in the car and the "appendage" comes over the hill? Lol if she had her way, she'd get em that big too. I'll be honest, I'm more of a leg guy, it's a self confidence thing with her. I'm not by any means complaining, but she's a nicely built girl, I'd rather keep her how she is and get my 325... That's not selfish is it?
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Dcbowling wrote:... I'd rather keep her how she is and get my 325... That's not selfish is it?
Not at all. 8) :mrgreen:
Dcbowling

Post by Dcbowling »

jps wrote:
Dcbowling wrote:... I'd rather keep her how she is and get my 325... That's not selfish is it?
Not at all. 8) :mrgreen:
Cool, you got my back when I tell her right? She's a feisty little redhead with bit of a temper so she may swing at me, lol.

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”