Post by stringsncords »

Anyone going?

Any rumors? Any requests?

Expect anything new?
jps
RRF Consultant

Re: NAMM 2018.

Post by jps »

I've read that Gibson is skipping the NAMM Show this year in favor of the CES Show. This should leave room for RIC to have a larger booth, this year. :D
collin

Post by collin »

jps wrote:I've read that Gibson is skipping the NAMM Show this year in favor of the CES Show. This should leave room for RIC to have a larger booth, this year. :D
They are at CES this year in a big way, I just got back from the show. Even a giant outdoor tent "experience" with rolling tour bus.

It's not just NAMM though, CES is becoming the de facto trade show for a lot of industries that feature electronics, including automotive.
larsongs

Post by larsongs »

I went to NAMM & Ric had a good display. Unfortunately all the Guitars were Zip tied to their Guitar Racks. Look but don't try.

I wanted to check out the 6 String versions of the 620's & 660's as one of them is on my Short List. Other than seeing them it was hard to make a buying decision. They are great looking though.

Gretsch & Fender seemed to be light on the different models. Gretschs' particularly with Pickups other than TV Jones Classics were not represented as were many of the Thinline versions of Fender Telecasters.

Other than Creations from the Parts Bins nothing really new from either of them that I could see.

Still it was great Show & there was much to see & play.....

Lars

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”