Opinions: Creamery Toasters

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Opinions: Creamery Toasters

Postby (drumbob) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:41 pm

I am looking at a set of these for my incoming 330-12. They're considerably less expensive than Rick toasters, $195 for a set. Any opinions? Other options?
(drumbob)
RRF Consultant

Re: Opinions: Creamery Toasters

Postby (jdogric12) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:24 am

Just did a quick search here, sounds like they are good, but different.
(jdogric12)
Rick-a-holic

Postby (iiipopes) » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:23 pm

If your 330 is a newer guitar with the adjustable pole high-gains, they are superior pickups in that you can shade the tone by the setting of the height of the pole pieces to anything from very, very close to original toasters by raising the screws and lowering the coils, to screwing down the polepieces and getting more mids from the coils being relatively closer to the strings raising the overall pickup height a little bit. I suggest you experiment with everything the new high-gains have to offer before reflexively dropping a chunk of change on pickups that may or may not actually be the tone you desire. Good quality pickups, yes, but why spend the $$$ if you don't have to?
(iiipopes)
Intermediate Member

Postby (collin) » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:52 pm

I’ll add to Scott’s post that adjustable pole hi gains are the easiest to retrofit a toaster cover as well, which is a great solution if you like the hi gain tone, but want toaster looks.
(collin)

Return to Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop