The Sticker

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

iiipopes
Intermediate Member

The Sticker

Post by iiipopes »

I have seen much discussion on the "decal" or "sticker." (Made in USA) My position: I bought my instruments before it was a "thing." We all know RIC instruments are made in the USA. If I ever get another RIC instrument, and I do want a 1981 330 to go with my other three Ricks, I will probably take the sticker off to avoid the grunge of the glue residue when it wears off. Then again, I conduct the concert band at our regional federal veterans cemetery for the observances on Memorial Day, so I understand those wanting to keep the sticker on the instrument as long as possible. The bottom line: we all enjoy our Rickenbacker guitars. Instead of debating the sticker, enjoy the music along with our brothers and sisters wherever they may be, who also enjoy Rickenbacker instruments.
Tommy
Intermediate Member

Re: The Sticker

Post by Tommy »

Why does it have to stay on the guitar? Just take the sticker off and stick it onto the manual that comes with the guitar. Keep that in the case. There you go, you still have that sticker.
iiipopes
Intermediate Member

Post by iiipopes »

Tommy wrote:Why does it have to stay on the guitar? Just take the sticker off and stick it onto the manual that comes with the guitar. Keep that in the case. There you go, you still have that sticker.
Yes, indeed.
JANGLE

Post by JANGLE »

I recently put the sticker back on my 330 and the change in tone is stunning.
scoobster28
Veteran RRF member

Post by scoobster28 »

Was it a vintage sticker or the more modern, scatterwound sticker?
wim
Intermediate Member

Post by wim »

JANGLE wrote:I recently put the sticker back on my 330 and the change in tone is stunning.
I bought a second sticker and it made my 330 killer!
radapaw

Post by radapaw »

just out of curiosity.... I've seen so many old instruments with ghost outlines of the sticker that got removed 20 years ago...are all these basses with the sticker left on going to have a big bright white oval right in the middle of the guard when the sticker falls off?
Korladis

Post by Korladis »

radapaw wrote:just out of curiosity.... I've seen so many old instruments with ghost outlines of the sticker that got removed 20 years ago...are all these basses with the sticker left on going to have a big bright white oval right in the middle of the guard when the sticker falls off?
That is one of the issues with leaving it on, yes.

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”