In search of a custom-made flight case for a 4080...

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Jtritschler2112

In search of a custom-made flight case for a 4080...

Post by Jtritschler2112 »

Rickenbacker 4080 Flight Case
Rickenbacker 4080 Flight Case
Hi guys,

I own a 1981 white 4080. I'd like to retire the original case. Reason being, I'd like to preserve what's left of it. Structurally it's still sound, but it's got some dings and wood exposed. Does anybody know somebody who can make a custom case for a 4080 like in the picture I've attached? It's exactly what I'm looking for! I'm just really not sure where to go and who to ask about this special request.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated!
libratune
Veteran RRF member

Re: In search of a custom-made flight case for a 4080...

Post by libratune »

One source: Ameritage.

Try here: http://www.ameritage.com/about.html

They can custom make a case for you.
collin

Post by collin »

If you’re looking for a custom flight case, as pictured there, PM me. Years ago I worked at a shop making these kind of cases and the guy I worked for is still around. Small shop without a website but highest quality you’ll find anywhere. Vastly superior to Anvil and other similar cases.
Jtritschler2112

Thank you both. I found a guy out of Nashville who is able to make the custom flight case for me for $350 which I think is very fair considering shipping to me is included. He’s made cases for Alice Cooper and other big acts. I will let you know if anything falls through and I need a backup!
collin

Post by collin »

Jtritschler2112 wrote:Thank you both. I found a guy out of Nashville who is able to make the custom flight case for me for $350 which I think is very fair considering shipping to me is included. He’s made cases for Alice Cooper and other big acts. I will let you know if anything falls through and I need a backup!
Sounds about right, if a little on the low side (double check the hardware he's using is quality, like Penn-Elcom stuff, and confirm he's using ply construction versus ABS!).

Show us a pic when it's done.
Jtritschler2112

I certainly will!

Here's a link to his Facebook page (BestinCase) https://www.facebook.com/bestincase/
collin

Post by collin »

Nice, looks great he uses all the quality stuff, you're in good hands.

$350 is a killer price, especially if it's shipped!
Jtritschler2112

Agreed! He does really nice work so I’m excited. $350 shipped, although I referenced a good friend of his who uses him a lot so that probably helped me out a bit! 6-8 weeks for the build. I want to retire the old case, and not be as afraid to bring it out of the house with this new case! It will certainly be much more durable and support the necks much better! Thanks for taking a look at his page the materials do look solid

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”