360 Rick w/ Scatterwounds and Pedal Questions

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

jcreasy

360 Rick w/ Scatterwounds and Pedal Questions

Post by jcreasy »

I bought this one new in '90. I am back to it. I am using an Xotic booster and nothing else through an AC30 Anniversary, Hand Wired, with Blues. I am getting a very sweet BadFinger kinda sound (if that makes sense), but I can roll it up a little brighter.

As a side note, there is a 460 on Reverb with a letter from F.C. Hall confirming the authenticity of the instrument... But he goes on to talk about the 5th knob. I've been using that approach pretty much exclusively and thought I'd pass it along. Go look because the Reverb listing is interesting.

Questions. JangleBox in the loop to add a sort of "... other channel" to the Vox? Noise complaints? Also, any recommendations for a top shelf reverb pedal? (I cannot afford a tube tank and they are bulky).

I've got some time on my hands to fiddle around with my set ups and thought I'd ask.

Thanks in advance,

JKC
Guzzitd63

Re: 360 Rick w/ Scatterwounds and Pedal Questions

Post by Guzzitd63 »

jcreasy wrote: ... there is a 460 on Reverb with a letter from F.C. Hall confirming the authenticity of the instrument... But he goes on to talk about the 5th knob. ... Go look because the Reverb listing is interesting.
Thanks in advance,
JKC
re: the letter;
I get the impression that F.C. Hall was a real class-act. I can't even imagine getting a letter like that from RIC these days nor even an equally polite and informative email.
collin

Post by collin »

Guzzitd63 wrote:
jcreasy wrote: ... there is a 460 on Reverb with a letter from F.C. Hall confirming the authenticity of the instrument... But he goes on to talk about the 5th knob. ... Go look because the Reverb listing is interesting.
Thanks in advance,
JKC
re: the letter;
I get the impression that F.C. Hall was a real class-act. I can't even imagine getting a letter like that from RIC these days nor even an equally polite and informative email.
I've found RIC to be the most hospitable, approachable major American guitar manufacturer out there. A letter like that is certainly not out of the question today.

For years, John Hall routinely answered questions on this very forum, and also opened a forum on the company website. Do you see JC Curleigh (Gibson CEO) or Andy Mooney (Fender CEO) doing that?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Point taken Colin. That said, it is a very busy world these days and one in which requests can inadvertently fall by the wayside. Polite patient persistence can still get one quite far, nonetheless. RIC has always responded to my requests directly or through Rickenbacker related forums. Sometimes affability is in the eyes of the beholder.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”