Bob Rissi RIP

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

kennyhowes
Veteran RRF member

Bob Rissi RIP

Post by kennyhowes »

Word on the street is that Bob Rissi, designer of many Rickenbacker amplifiers as well as his own line of Risson Amplifiers, has shuffled off this mortal coil.

He was a nice fellow - a chatterbox, mind you, but a good guy - and he did some amp repairs for me when I was living in Orange County.

Let’s keep an eye out for an official obit or something, and link to it here.
Kiddwad57
Intermediate Member

Re: Bob Rissi RIP

Post by Kiddwad57 »

Sorry to hear of Bob Rissi's passing.
Don't let democracy end democracy.
collin

Post by collin »

Bob was a real character, super nice guy and extremely proud and enthusiastic about his involvement with the Rickenbacker Transonic amps.

I took him my Transonic 200 (ex-Doug Fieger, and now Gil Distanik’s) a few years ago for a complete service. Bob excitedly showed me what he claimed were the remnants of the Transonic heads used by Led Zeppelin during their ‘69 Tour and just talked about the Transonic series in general.

He’ll be missed for sure. The guys who were around back then and helped create the classic stuff we all love are few and far between these days. :(
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks Kenny, I am very sorry to hear of Bob's passing. While I did not know him he was a pioneer at RIC. He will certainly be missed. You can see a brief history of his work with Fender and Rickenbacker here.
Here is more information regarding Bob's Amplifiers.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”