Good Health To All, Hug A Rickenbacker

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Re: Good Health To All, Hug A Rickenbacker

Post by jdogric12 »

I shall now demonstrate staying home :lol: 8) (and for those who don't do fb and missed it)

https://youtu.be/GkgV7mMppzo

jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Sounds great, Jdog! I take it you were using all the amps in the background to get the tone? :twisted:
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

jps wrote:Sounds great, Jdog! I take it you were using all the amps in the background to get the tone? :twisted:
You can't have too many amps! :lol:
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
maxwell

Post by maxwell »

:) + "thumb's up"
Kiddwad57
Intermediate Member

Post by Kiddwad57 »

There's good and bad to this situation.
I now feel a smattering of empathy for white collar criminals spending their days in "country club" prisons.
No worries about touching my musical instruments since I'm the only one playing them. Unfortunately, no jamming with friends.
All gigs have been stricken from my calendar so, hey, plenty of time to practice! Much concern for colleagues who may not have alternative sources of income.
My classes were already online so there's a bit of income and medical insurance. Also, plenty of time to update and improve class materials. I'm investigating Zoom to continue with bass instruction for my students.
As Jeff mentioned, plenty to read and lots more time for it. I just started Dream Boogie: The Triumph of Sam Cooke.
I upgraded to Spotify premium. It's fun to read through the filter pages of old Mojo and Uncut magazines and pull up tunes and albums that seem interesting. Screamadelica by Primal Scream was fun! There's a heap of Andy Weatherall productions to explore. Many replays of Don Letts' compilation, Dread Meets Punk Rockers Uptown! Peggy Lee's Latin a la Lee.
Our area has excellent legal marijuana and shops that offer free delivery.
Thanks for the tune jdog!
Don't let democracy end democracy.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Kiddwad57 wrote:There's good and bad to this situation.
I now feel a smattering of empathy for white collar criminals spending their days in "country club" prisons.
No worries about touching my musical instruments since I'm the only one playing them. Unfortunately, no jamming with friends.
All gigs have been stricken from my calendar so, hey, plenty of time to practice! Much concern for colleagues who may not have alternative sources of income.
My classes were already online so there's a bit of income and medical insurance. Also, plenty of time to update and improve class materials. I'm investigating Zoom to continue with bass instruction for my students.
As Jeff mentioned, plenty to read and lots more time for it. I just started Dream Boogie: The Triumph of Sam Cooke.
I upgraded to Spotify premium. It's fun to read through the filter pages of old Mojo and Uncut magazines and pull up tunes and albums that seem interesting. Screamadelica by Primal Scream was fun! There's a heap of Andy Weatherall productions to explore. Many replays of Don Letts' compilation, Dread Meets Punk Rockers Uptown! Peggy Lee's Latin a la Lee.
Our area has excellent legal marijuana and shops that offer free delivery.
Thanks for the tune jdog!
Nathan, a nice balance between the good and the bad without throwing in the ugly. A great time to practice our music skills and coping strategies of everyday living. I also enjoyed the JDog offering and stay tuned to his "going live" on the RRF Facebook Page. The time ahead will be filled with reinventing our day to day structure as well gravitate to spending more alone time. A great safe activity is sharing our thoughts about life's challenges with others. Thanks for your comments.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

jdogric12 wrote:I shall now demonstrate staying home :lol: 8) (and for those who don't do fb and missed it)

https://youtu.be/GkgV7mMppzo
Great job on the McGuinn tunes there J-Dog !! Your improvization on Eight Miles High is cool ! 8)
Kiddwad57
Intermediate Member

Post by Kiddwad57 »

Thanks for the Forum Peter, and to all that contribute.
Don't let democracy end democracy.
iiipopes
Intermediate Member

Post by iiipopes »

Might as well hug your Rickenbacker, because everyone has to keep their social distance from everyone else in public.

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”