Good Health To All, Hug A Rickenbacker

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

May I please take this opportunity to wish you safe passage through the days ahead. We are all in this together and can take advantage of any downtime we may have by sharing our passion as it pertains to Rickenbacker instruments online. May your good health continue. Please take the time to pass good wishes on to friends and offer them here. :)
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
Tommy
Intermediate Member

Re: Good Health To All, Hug A Rickenbacker

Post by Tommy »

Let's be honest, this situation is pretty frightening and pretty bad. I don't fear for myself, but for others in my life. I hope for better days to get here soon.

The down time which we will all face (a semi- or full quarantine), will mostly be spent with just immediate family or alone. That does leave time for our hobbies. Reading, crafts, guitars...whatever we enjoy on our own, we might have plenty of time for. And, yes, Rickenbackers will fill a good deal of that time. But exactly how to spend those days of quarantine? Heck, we can change the strings on our 12 string Rics. Doing that will kill five days. :)

This whole thing is obviously not good; I hope it doesn't get much worse.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Tommy wrote:Let's be honest, this situation is pretty frightening and pretty bad. I don't fear for myself, but for others in my life. I hope for better days to get here soon.

The down time which we will all face (a semi- or full quarantine), will mostly be spent with just immediate family or alone. That does leave time for our hobbies. Reading, crafts, guitars...whatever we enjoy on our own, we might have plenty of time for. And, yes, Rickenbackers will fill a good deal of that time. But exactly how to spend those days of quarantine? Heck, we can change the strings on our 12 string Rics. Doing that will kill five days. :)

This whole thing is obviously not good; I hope it doesn't get much worse.
Nicely put Tom. I love the sentiment wherein you put caring for others ahead of yourself. :) Doing the best with what you have is what lights the morning star!
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
maxwell

Post by maxwell »

Thank you, Peter.

I think I will post an inquiry that, if people are willing to knowledgably reply, will occupy some time. Look for my question about, "What are, exactly, the Lennon wiring modifications?" Man, I've looked everywhere....
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Good wishes to all, here.

I have recently bought a LOT of books on the Arts & Crafts era - architecture; furniture; history; etc. - so I have plenty to occupy my time with beyond playing my guitars and basses, too.

Maybe, I'll spend time eating even more ice cream than I normally do! :lol:
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Does anybody with a Health care background have a recommendation for sanitizing our guitars and basses from viruses :shock: -- without distressing the finish or the conversion varnish, etc ?
cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Post by cheyenne »

I'll be 60 years old this year, I've never seen anything like this.
"Knowledge is Power"
maxwell

Post by maxwell »

8mileshigher wrote:Does anybody with a Health care background have a recommendation for sanitizing our guitars and basses from viruses :shock: -- without distressing the finish or the conversion varnish, etc ?
My two cents: Just like people, if they don't come into contact, or close proximity to an infected person, then there's nothing to worry about. And just like the CDC recommendations, isolation is the best policy right now. So, if you're really, really concerned, put them in your cases and ride out the storm. Go down to Guitar Center before it shuts down and buy a cheap beater guitar to fool around with until the coast is clear.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

maxwell wrote:
8mileshigher wrote:Does anybody with a Health care background have a recommendation for sanitizing our guitars and basses from viruses :shock: -- without distressing the finish or the conversion varnish, etc ?
My two cents: Just like people, if they don't come into contact, or close proximity to an infected person, then there's nothing to worry about. And just like the CDC recommendations, isolation is the best policy right now. So, if you're really, really concerned, put them in your cases and ride out the storm. Go down to Guitar Center before it shuts down and buy a cheap beater guitar to fool around with until the coast is clear.
Orville, we are on the same page here. If you are not gigging out or bringing in infected jam people I believe that the coast is clear for playing your guitar.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

cheyenne wrote:I'll be 60 years old this year, I've never seen anything like this.
Scott, you nailed it!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

jps wrote:Good wishes to all, here.

I have recently bought a LOT of books on the Arts & Crafts era - architecture; furniture; history; etc. - so I have plenty to occupy my time with beyond playing my guitars and basses, too.

Maybe, I'll spend time eating even more ice cream than I normally do! :lol:
Jeffrey enjoy the thrilla from vanilla. :lol:

jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

This virus lives on surfaces for a while. You don't have to get sneeezed on to get it. Be careful folks, and stay home if you can.
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Folks, I didn't want to sound like an alarmist or that I'm paranoid. :? :wink:

It's just that its prudent to wipe down things we touch, with anti-germ cleaners,such as door handles, computer keyboards, computer mouse, stairway bannisters, kitchen and bathroom counters, faucet handles, TV Remote controls, steering wheel, gear shift selector, control knobs, and so forth.

And I touch my guitars, bass and music equipment all the time .... but I don't' want to wipe down Rickenbackers with Lysol or 409 or some other kitchen spray.... but I can imagine my strings, neck, tuning keys, volume/tone controls, pick guards etc have been possibly touched by my hands (or others) and they may not have always been perfectly clean hands. And like J-Dog indicates, viruses live on a surface for some unspecified time.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

8mileshigher wrote:Folks, I didn't want to sound like an alarmist or that I'm paranoid. :? :wink:

It's just that its prudent to wipe down things we touch, with anti-germ cleaners,such as door handles, computer keyboards, computer mouse, stairway bannisters, kitchen and bathroom counters, faucet handles, TV Remote controls, steering wheel, gear shift selector, control knobs, and so forth.

And I touch my guitars, bass and music equipment all the time .... but I don't' want to wipe down Rickenbackers with Lysol or 409 or some other kitchen spray.... but I can imagine my strings, neck, tuning keys, volume/tone controls, pick guards etc have been possibly touched by my hands (or others) and they may not have always been perfectly clean hands. And like J-Dog indicates, viruses live on a surface for some unspecified time.
Rich, your points are well taken and we all need to be reminded to be safe. Old habits die hard. Talking among ourselves is essential. Thank you for bringing us together and for your good question.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

jdogric12 wrote:This virus lives on surfaces for a while. You don't have to get sneeezed on to get it. Be careful folks, and stay home if you can.
True enough Jason. Thanks for your reminder.

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”