Spreading The Word Of The Iron Door Club

History and music of Liverpool
admin
Site Admin

Spreading The Word Of The Iron Door Club

Post by admin »

The Liverpool Museums has recently had an exhibition showcasing the contributions of music artists from Liverpool 8. You can see this exhibition on line through the museum site by visting The Beat Goes On.
thebeatgoeson3.jpg
This site is particularly rewarding for those who are fans of the old Iron Door Club at 13 Temple Street in Liverpool. Many enthusiasts of Scouser music to this day are not aware of the central and guiding role that the Iron Door Club played in promoting many groups during the early days just prior to the explosion of talent that would shape the world's music palette for the rest of time.

Did you know that The Beatles played the Iron Door before the Cavern? Are you aware that "You're My World" Cilla Black got her start at this cellar club? Have you heard that the recordings that led to the success of later songs as "Needles and Pins" by The Searchers happened here? Who knew that the factory floor of an old butter packing plant would become a venue for the first massive rock around the clock events showcasing groups such as The Beatles and Gerry and the Pacemakers.
thebeatgoeson1.JPG
The manager of the Iron Door Club, Geoff Hogarth is as pleased as punch about The Beat Goes On exhibition. Of this showcase he had the following to say:
"I thought the exhibition was outstanding and a good representation of the different aspects of the musical progress in Liverpool.I was particularly interested in the Liverpool 8 musicians and venues which brought back vivid memories.
The one thing going through my mind whilst I was viewing the exhibits was that it was well balanced.
Pamela Beasley visited on Saturday she really enjoyed it and making arrangements to bring other people along."
Pamela Beasley either by good luck or good management took a photo of the front door of the Iron Door Club during a visit in the 1960s. Alas, this is the only photo of the Iron Door Club known in existence at this time and it is proudly displayed at The Beat Goes On exhibit.

Thanks goes out to the Liverpool Museum for spreading the word.
thebeatgoeson2.JPG
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277

Return to “Liverpool Project: by Admin”