Wow!

Register, Price List, Gallery, RIC Outlet One Offs

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

jps
RRF Consultant

Wow!

Post by jps »

Right before my eyes this new topic appeared!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Nothing like a "wow factor", Jeffrey.

I would like to thank those who have sent their information in "yesterday" and as recently as today. The process is starting to pick up steam now, but we have a tremendous amount of catching up to do.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
wints
Veteran RRF member

Post by wints »

Looking forward to seeing the results!

Considerably more instruments here now, than back in 2001 when I first arrived!
congerz83
Intermediate Member

Post by congerz83 »

And I thought this thread was an advertisement for "Opie and Anthony."
LET THE WORLD KNOW YOU WANT PAUL TO BRING BACK THE 4001. JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP!! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=147641915268984
the_legoheads

Post by the_legoheads »

Maybe we'll see some info on those who hoard more than their fair share of Rics...?
Just killing time until I die...!!!
rictified

Post by rictified »

Wow is also exactly what I thought when I saw it.
phlemmy

Post by phlemmy »

Hoard? Fair share? Is this Communist Russia of the 80s? haha
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Mick: While you will not be able to learn the name of those whose instruments are in the database, this project will let us know much more about Rickenbackers.

The beauty of the RickResource Forum is that it allows owners to display what they are most proud of and what they love about their instruments.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
the_legoheads

Post by the_legoheads »

Yeah... Perhaps I am being a bit revolutionary. Thing is, it's taken me a long time to track down a decent 4003. Either Rickenbacker aint knockin' 'em out fast enough or someone is hoarding them. Probably both, but I've seen proud owners with a whole stable of Rics sat on display. Yes, they are beautiful instruments but I'd rater see one being played than sitting on a stand looking pretty and unused. What makes matters worse is that here in the UK a new 4003 cost anywhere from $2300 to around $3000 and even then there's wait of between 12 and 18 months...!!! Even secondhand they are making $2000...!!! You only have to look at the stats from the register to see how far behind the UK is on ownership.

I just feel that there are Ric fans desperately trying to buy their first Ric but being denied the privilege whilst others are stacking up their tenth or fifteenth on the ground that it has a different set of knobs or a variation in the binding. I find it all a bit sad...

Viva la resistance... ;)
Just killing time until I die...!!!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

All things in good time Mick. We have certainly learned through this Forum that some Rickenbackers are far more difficult to find and more expensive in some regions than others.

My preference has been to find used Rickenbackers as these instruments last a lifetime and are affordable. Hang in there, your second Rickenbacker will come! You may even hear about it on this Forum.

bottom4
Veteran RRF member

Post by bottom4 »

Nice O&A reference, Richard!

The registry is what brought me to the forum, way back in the day!

Good to see this feature alive and well, Peter!

Cheers!
dale_fortune
Intermediate Member

Post by dale_fortune »

Maybe I could post the type of instrument,color, and serial number as they go thru my shop for restoration/repair.....I get a lot of 50's/60's and early 70's Rickenbackers coming my way...
steve_hershberger

Post by steve_hershberger »

I just looked through the list to see if a previous owner had registered it. Didn't find it though. Would've been neat to see where it was before I bought it.

Anyway, what should I put in the "comments"? Anything specific wanted for overall analysis purposes?

I know the comments don't show up on the registry lists, but I'm thinking that they might be used to date and track trends and changes such as toaster ohm readings, fireglo patterns/colors, etc.
beatlefreak

Post by beatlefreak »

As I transfer email registrations to a spreadsheet, in the comments section I'm including things like if the owner noted that the guitar was refinished, or if a Bigsby was installed, etc.
Ka is a wheel.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dale: A very good idea if your clients agree.

Return to “Rickenbacker Register”