Register Idea

Register, Price List, Gallery, RIC Outlet One Offs

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

rickenrocker

Register Idea

Post by rickenrocker »

I think it would be kinda neat to click on a forum profile and see a list of the guitars that user has registered. Maybe even the ability to query model numbers (or year or whatever) under the members search to find members that own a certain guitar, certain year, etc.

Just in case you didn't have enough to do already! :oops:
"Funny thing about weekends when yer unemployed, they don't mean quite so much, 'cept you get to hang out with yer workin' friends."
gibsonlp
Technical Admin

Re: Register Idea

Post by gibsonlp »

This is already on my todo list, however - I am not sure I will implement this, currently the register is anonymous (that is - Peter and I can see the actual owner, but no one else can), I believe that the privacy of the posters is something to be considered.
It will probably end up to be Peter's call, I don't know if it is harder to code these things or if to decide what to do ;)
So long and thanks for all the fish!
rickenrocker

Post by rickenrocker »

you could always add an anonymous option under the user control panel :P

you know what they say, if it's a good idea, somebody else thought of it first!
"Funny thing about weekends when yer unemployed, they don't mean quite so much, 'cept you get to hang out with yer workin' friends."
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

I like this idea too! Maybe it could be a privacy option for the user, like whether or not they choose to show their email address, or something like that. (Edit: which is pretty much what Jeremiah just said) :lol:
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We need time to catch our breath as the Register goes forward. Sometimes you can get too much information. If members want to talk about their guitars and post photos that is fine, however, they may not want to make a global statement about the same. For this reason, I am not comfortable with programming that tracks specific instruments to their owners with surgical precision.

In a perfect world this idea may have considerable merit, but I think it is adding too much at the present. We have gone the route of anonymous posters before and the results have been less than satisfactory. There are many features that we can add to the Register over time, however, I cannot embrace this one at present. For those who want others to know what instruments they have there is always the avatar and the signature line, not to mention conferences, confluences and You Tube.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
rickenrocker

Post by rickenrocker »

no worries, just a suggestion :)

I think the registration is already very cool, thanks for putting in all that work.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks Jeremiah, we will certainly keep this idea in mind.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277

Return to “Rickenbacker Register”