A Fight To The Finish

Register, Price List, Gallery, RIC Outlet One Offs

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

admin
Site Admin

Re: A Fight To The Finish

Post by admin »

A good point, Alan. An instrument is, what it is and the aging process is not all bad. It is often times difficult to tell the difference, from a distance, between a vintage aged-white and a more recent cream. Of course, knowing the year of the instrument can help in this regard.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

If I bought one new, I would probably not want it to yellow, but the aged "vintage white"/"snotglo" doesn't look bad either. It probably looks better with a white TRC/pickguard than it might with a black pickguard and hardware IMHO.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Paul: Good point on the yellowed instrument with black trim and hardware.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

"Paul: Good point on the yellowed instrument with black trim and hardware." i personally love faded/yellowing white finishes on vintage guitars. (see my avatar) i have a jazz bass that i am thinking of refinishing,and would love to get a similar color to my 4000.
alanz
Intermediate Member

Post by alanz »

paologregorio wrote:If I bought one new, I would probably not want it to yellow, but the aged "vintage white"/"snotglo" doesn't look bad either. It probably looks better with a white TRC/pickguard than it might with a black pickguard and hardware IMHO.
Yes, of course the only SnotGlo worth having is a white on snot one. "Vintage Cream"? Bah! That's a mere "Banana Pudding Glo"! 8)

Return to “Rickenbacker Register”