Registration Update - 10 Years After

Register, Price List, Gallery, RIC Outlet One Offs

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

admin
Site Admin

Registration Update - 10 Years After

Post by admin »

The Rickenbacker Registration Page began in 1998 with the view to learning about Rickenbacker models through the eyes and ears of owners around the world.

It grew to the point where it was clear that there needed to be a database of owners' comments as well. With that thought the RickResource Forum was begun.

During this time I have had the opportunity to meet John and Ben Hall on line and shortly thereafter a very long list of enthusiasts who have also become friends through the site and continue to share their thoughts here after a decade.

As I reflect on the accomplishments, I see we now have cataloged over 6300 Rickenbackers worldwide and have more than 500 of them documented with photos. We had assisted many in choosing their first instrument and we have returned some that have gone astray as well.

What I am most proud of, however, is the extent to which the members here have continued to share information with one another in a friendly and supportive place where caring is the order of the day.

Thanks everyone. This site has opened my thoughts to many things about Rickenbackers and life that I would not have learned otherwise. I am in your debt.

So take a test drive through the REGISTER if you have not done it lately.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Re: Registration Update - 10 Years After

Post by rickenbrother »

Peter, it's us that should be thanking you, very much! :D

Congrats to 10 years of the Rickenbacker Register. Well done!
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Congratulations to Peter and the RRF for making this worldwide community and friendships possible. :D :D :D
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Peter,

No words can express my gratitude for the opportunity to meet and/or chat with forum members who have become true friends. Thanks Peter and congrats on ten years.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

Thank you, Peter, Gil, and all my new friends here for the help, the information, the laughs and the caring and sharing that I've been so very privileged to partake of.

Here's to 10 more years of All Things Rickenbacker and More. God willing, I'll be here to pass the next decade with you all. :)
All I wanna do is rock!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks everyone. I cannot say enough about the fine work of Gil Disatnik that pulled the RRF kicking and screaming into the new age. :)

In order to spread the word of the Register I would be grateful if those who have the time and inclination could arrange for links to it through your own site or others.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
rickaddict

Post by rickaddict »

Congrats on 10 years, Peter.

And thanks! Its been a fun place to hang out and I've learned a lot.

In the next few weeks, I'll be registering a bunch of mine complete with pics(which is long overdue! :oops:)

And thanks to Gil and all of the moderators as well!
wints
Veteran RRF member

Post by wints »

Peter,

Congratulations, and thanks for all you have done here. I, like many others, consider a visit to this forum an everyday part of our lives. When you get to that stage, you know it's special, and reflects you have done what you set out to do.

Thank you.
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

jps wrote:Congratulations to Peter and the RRF for making this worldwide community and friendships possible. :D :D :D
+1 !!! :D
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

I'd give that at least a +2 or 3! :)
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
beatlefreak

Post by beatlefreak »

It took quite awhile to get my 325V59 on the register, but it was well worth the wait.
dogload

Post by dogload »

Well done to all concerned- the RRF is a fantastic resource.
When I got my first Ric back in July, one of the first things I did was join up and register it.
The way I see it is that through the RRF I now have peace of mind that I can PROVE that this guitar belonged to me, as well as being part of a group whose expertise I can call upon should I need it, and share mine if I have any :!:
Plus it gives me something to read at work, where most other interesting websites are blocked! :D
Um... my band
The Type Five
And some tunes here:
The Type Five at Bandcamp
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

I have to get back to getting my others in the Register ... I just picked up a 481 Walnut, and I see that it will be the first one in that color for that model. My 310 LH will also be the first LH 310 in the Register (and one of only a handful of 310s, too).
beatlefreak

Post by beatlefreak »

So where are the pics of this 481 Walnut, Gary?
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Patience, my young padwan ... :)

Return to “Rickenbacker Register”