Re: some registry cleanup

Post by gibsonlp »

Done, erroneous entry removed as well.
So long and thanks for all the fish!
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Thanks Gil but now you need to amend the location to British Columbia Canada.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
gibsonlp
Technical Admin

Post by gibsonlp »

You have complete control and can change anything in this item
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

OK thanks.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
gibsonlp
Technical Admin

Post by gibsonlp »

Sorry if I sounded lazy... But there is more than just location to change and I am not sure I know the rest :)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the registration, Brian. :)
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

admin wrote:Thanks for the registration, Brian. :)
Believe me I was more than happy to add that guitar to my list of Rickenbackers Peter. :D Thanks for your help Gil.

bails
Veteran RRF member

Post by bails »

How difficult would it be to script a confirmation pop-up message for numbers too high or too low for their corresponding letter codes?

For instance, the highest FD number currently in the registry is 1488 while the lowest FE number is 1540. From our limited sample, we cannot tell where FDs end and the FEs start (though it is somewhere between 1488 and 1540), however we do know that it is not possible to have an FD number higher that 1539 nor an FE number lower than 1489.

Could someone write a script that looks at the highest number of the preceeding letter code and lowest number for the next letter code determines whether the number entered is likely to be correct?
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights do make a left.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

An interesting suggestion Bails if you are talking about serials after 1960 and before 1999. For those after 1999 the unique numbers may not follow consecutively do to random assignment of unique instrument numbers. Let's see what Gil has to say about it.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
bails
Veteran RRF member

Post by bails »

If my original suggestion is too difficult, maybe just writing a report that shows the lowest and highest numbers for each production month might be a good reference page for the registry.
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights do make a left.
gibsonlp
Technical Admin

Post by gibsonlp »

It's actually very easy to add such a feature, the problem is that some years had the serials going downwards, some years had the serials restart a few times during the year, such feature could generate a lot of false positives that would annoy many people.
gibsonlp
Technical Admin

Post by gibsonlp »

I added such a feature, lets see how it goes...
For now it searched for -+50 of the current high and low serials, I might enhance it later on to check also the highest number of the previous month and the lowest of the next month, it can't overlap (this will require me to identify years that count down with their numbers)
Additionally - currently there is a small bug, if you put on a first month date code it will show a valid range from -50... I'll fix it later on.
Woodie

Post by Woodie »

Gil, would it be possible to sort by column heading in both directions? In other words, click the column heading once for ascending, and again for descending?
gibsonlp
Technical Admin

Post by gibsonlp »

It will be possible, I wanted to add this feature ever since I wrote the basic code, I'll just need some time as I want the selection to be saved with the paging and all...
Ontario_RIC_fan
Advanced Member

Post by Ontario_RIC_fan »

Ah the elusive 10 string Rickenbacker guitar.. :D :D

http://www.rickresource.com/register/vi ... 6order%3D7
Brian Morton
A Rickenbacker Fan
in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
=========================
67 FG 625