30 Post Rule

Register, Price List, Gallery, RIC Outlet One Offs

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

LenMinNJ
Intermediate Member

30 Post Rule

Post by LenMinNJ »

I put my bass up for sale on the Marketplace Forum, but the ops took the post down because I don't have 30 posts here yet.

Someone (not me) added it to the register. I have more pictures which I'd be glad to add if someone will tell me how.
jps
RRF Consultant

30 Post Rule

Post by jps »

As you have found out, members are required to have 30 (significant) posts to gain access to the marketplace. :!:
admin
Site Admin

30 Post Rule

Post by admin »

Len: You can edit the file and add photos through your "My Records." Welcome back. I have removed the serial number from your post so that the instrument in not connected with your location and name.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
jps
RRF Consultant

30 Post Rule

Post by jps »

Len, I just noticed your membership date; I don't recall the date this rule went into effect, so you may have a legitimate gripe.

Peter? :?
admin
Site Admin

30 Post Rule

Post by admin »

Our policy is that the 30 post rule applies to all members regardless of how long they have had an account.

I appreciate that some may feel that the retroactive application of the rule may be unfair. The rule is in place, however, so that we get to know people better and so that they don't access the board for the purpose of selling instruments only. It is hard to get to know someone after only a few posts even if they have been a member years.

Please note that the title of this thread has been changed as this discussion simply became another advertisement for sale.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
LenMinNJ
Intermediate Member

Re: 30 Post Rule

Post by LenMinNJ »

Peter wrote:

> Please note that the title of this thread has been changed as this discussion simply became another advertisement for sale.

That was not my intention.

I posted in the Registry forum because I noted that someone put my bass in the registry without asking me and that the entry lacked sufficiently detailed photos. I was trying to correct that.

I'll add two more instruments to the registry shortly.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Thanks for the clarification, Peter.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Len: Thanks I did not assume that it was your intention. It was just ironic that it became an ad all on its own. I look forward to your additional registrations and hope that you have access to the file to which you have referred. When instruments appear in the public domain we take advantage of the information. We apologize if we overstepped our bounds. :)

Everythinggoes

Post by Everythinggoes »

admin wrote:Our policy is that the 30 post rule applies to all members regardless of how long they have had an account.

I appreciate that some may feel that the retroactive application of the rule may be unfair. The rule is in place, however, so that we get to know people better and so that they don't access the board for the purpose of selling instruments only. It is hard to get to know someone after only a few posts even if they have been a member years.
Meh, thirty posts is nothing really. I'm looking forward to checking out the for sale forum, but for now I'm happy floating about the place. :P
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Welcome to the forum Mella. We have quite a lively contingent from Australia (Oz) on the board. I am sure that you will get to know them all in due time. :D
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
Everythinggoes

Post by Everythinggoes »

winston wrote:Welcome to the forum Mella. We have quite a lively contingent from Australia (Oz) on the board. I am sure that you will get to know them all in due time. :D
Thank You! :D I think I'm addicted already. Hehehe.
watton_earth

Post by watton_earth »

Out of curiosity does the 30 post rule also give you access to other threads?

I've found links to other threads which look interresting but when I click on them it says something along the lines of 'you are not authorised' (or something like that)...

For example:

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=398548

How can you gain access to these?

(BTW I have only 14 posts to go, yey!)
I want to be a door too...
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Not sure what that one is, but I'm guessing it's a link to a post in the Marketplace, where you don't have access until 30 posts. As far as I know, there aren't any other "special access" areas (unless I don't have access to them either :shock: )...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

There are a number of associated areas of the forum that are restricted. After a new member participates (in a meaningful manner) with 30 posts all areas of the forum become available.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
Everythinggoes

Post by Everythinggoes »

Yeah, that happened to me too, but I just asumed it was the thirty post rule. i'm keen to get to know everybody. you all seem really interesting.

Return to “Rickenbacker Register”