Collected instruments

Register, Price List, Gallery, RIC Outlet One Offs

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

collin

Re: Collected instruments

Post by collin »

+1 with Jeff here. I purposely do NOT reveal the serial number if I post up a guitar, or post one for sale because I know there are headhunters looking for serial numbers to register, and I don't choose to have the instrument included in that.

My biggest single complaint is how sales figures are included in the registery. I simply don't see the use in this info. I rarely seen an instance where this figure was realistic, especially since items not reaching the reserve on eBay are marked as "did of sell at $xxxx.xx," when there are many more factors involved. In other words, the registery doesn't tell the whole story.

A registery is one thing and a good idea in theory, but I think certain details take it way too far, especially with collected data not supplied by the owner.
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

collin wrote:My biggest single complaint is how sales figures are included in the registery. I simply don't see the use in this info. I rarely seen an instance where this figure was realistic
As far as that's concerned, you'd really be unhappy if you were the owner of a factory made 4004Cii/5. The modified 4004 4-to-5's out there which take a bit hit in value on ebay, get listed in the registry like a factory made 4004Cii/5, killing the value of the factory made ones! :twisted:
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

rickenbrother wrote:
collin wrote:My biggest single complaint is how sales figures are included in the registery. I simply don't see the use in this info. I rarely seen an instance where this figure was realistic
As far as that's concerned, you'd really be unhappy if you were the owner of a factory made 4004Cii/5. The modified 4004 4-to-5's out there which take a bit hit in value on ebay, get listed in the registry like a factory made 4004Cii/5, killing the value of the factory made ones! :twisted:
Oof! :shock:
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Ooh! That means I should be able to pick up a factory made 4004Cii/5 real cheap then!
:twisted:
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
Rubsoul

Post by Rubsoul »

Hijacking this thread a bit.... I wish members could at least be required to put what state or country they are from... :D

Return to “Rickenbacker Register”