Owners listed on register?

Register, Price List, Gallery, RIC Outlet One Offs

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Tetsujin

Owners listed on register?

Post by Tetsujin »

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum - I actually found it by Googling for 2 specific Rickenbacker 4001 serial numbers…

Is there an acknowledged method to check in with new data for a couple of numbers on the list?

The first maybe just as historical reference
I'm the original owner of OL8005 4001 fireglo, bought 'new' in 1977 [even though it's a '75] from Kitchen's in Leeds, UK - was stolen from a gig though fortunately recovered in 1979; eventually sold it in the early 80's - current whereabouts/owner unknown.

I'm the current owner of PK7474 4001 white [or a kind of tobacco yellow these days] - bought second hand in Leeds, 1990 & used to this day, now in London, UK.

If that info is useful for the list in general, feel free to add any salient details.

I don't have any good photos, but to keep in the spirit of things, I uploaded some tracks done over the years to Soundcloud - I've honed my personal 'ideal' Rikki sound over the years & the first 2 tracks are a couple since I really nailed it to my own satisfaction, done on the white 76 & an old track from 79 on the old Fireglo 75… which shows I still had some learning to do, on many levels :oops:

Rikki Thru the Years

Hope you like :D
girllennon76

Re: Owners listed on register?

Post by girllennon76 »

I don't recall seeing owner names listed on the registry, however the page admins who manage the registry know who the instruments were registered to given that no changes were made since the registry date. I add that last bit because my guitar changed ownership and I asked the admins to switch it over to another RRF member who bought it. Was the honest thing to do and at least my old Ric stayed in the family :)
girllennon76

Post by girllennon76 »

And I forgot to add that if you search in the advanced find section of the registry, you can enter in a partial serial number to see if your instruments are listed. Keep in mind that it's only limited to instruments registered with the site.

And you're in luck! Your sold instrument is listed in the registry: http://www.rickresource.com/register/vi ... lebrity%3D

I also tried to link a screenshot for the 4001 listed.
Attachments
4001RIC.jpg
gibsonlp
Technical Admin

Post by gibsonlp »

Hi and welcome! :)

The owner information is indeed kept with the listing but it is not visible.
OL8005 was registered a long time ago (2001) before the newer register system, there is no email or any other information linked to it so there is no way for us to find out who is the current owner.
(Maybe Peter still has the original mail sent in with the serial, who knows...)

I have linked PK7474 to your user, feel free to update the information if needed.
Thanks!
So long and thanks for all the fish!
Tetsujin

Post by Tetsujin »

Many thanks for linking me to the register for PK7474 -
& good to know the old girl's still out there somewhere [OL8005]
Amazing how I've never forgotten the serial number, after 40 years!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks Gil. I have no additional information to add at this point. Welcome Graham!
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
rickaddict

Post by rickaddict »

I enjoyed listening to your recordings, Graham.

Welcome!

Return to “Rickenbacker Register”