Gemini III Has Landed

Performing and Interpreting Shadows' Music
pippa201

Re: Gemini III Has Landed

Post by pippa201 »

Hi George,

First of all, I'm pleased that the Gemini III reached you safe and sound - it's always a nerve-wracking time, waiting to hear positive news from way across the pond, not forgetting the other 2,500 miles across country !!

Glad the unit proves ok, too. I am delighted, as you can imagine.

Many, many thanks for your favourable response and comments.

If you can post some sound files later, I'd certainly be interested.

By the way, I visited your band's website, and took a listen to the clip of "Apache".

As you can imagine, I'm something of a purist when it comes to The Shadows' stuff, but your interpretation is extremely pleasant on the ear, and the creative approach can't be faulted. I'd love to hear the full track, as would many of my like-minded buddies over here, to be sure.

There are many poor emulations of the original, but your band's refreshing, inventive approach to that (very !!) old number really does give it a whole new dimension.

Right, I'll stop now before this becomes a mutual admiration society !!

Thanks again for your comments and good wishes - extremely welcome.

David.
soldersniffer

Post by soldersniffer »

I am the proud owner of a Gemini III as well. It does exactly what it claims, and much more...

I especially like it with my Rickenbacker 330/12. It really brings it to life in the bass strings, and just nails the Beatles and Byrds tones! I rewired my Ric so that the 5th knob blender pot is in the treble circuit, and I put a .0047 uF cap across it, so that I can blend in the cap variably. The 60's Ric's had this cap as standard in the circuit, but it really makes it more versatile to be able to blend it in and out. With the cap about 50% blended in, and the Gemini III, the tone is pure vintage Ric!!

The Gemini III can also help shape the tone of other pedals in the chain. With the Gemini placed before my silicon Fuzz Face, it allows me to get more of a Vox Tonebender-like sound out of the Fuzz Face....fun stuff!!

Dave is a top notch guy to deal with, and we corresponded extensively after the pedal was delivered!

Read more: http://gemini3.proboards.com/index.cgi? ... z1QP4GW5jq
pippa201

Post by pippa201 »

Hi Adam,

Many thanks for your posting - and your personal email.

I'm very pleased, of course, that the Gemini III is living up to its reputation, and your mix of pedals and the variations that the Gemini offers as part of the mix is very interesting.

Thanks again, guys, it's great to communicate (and musically) across the pond.

David JM.

Return to “Shadows' Forum: by Goran”