Best aftermarket Toasters?

Building pickups from the ground up

Moderator: jingle_jangle

skipkirkwood

Best aftermarket Toasters?

Post by skipkirkwood »

Looking for recommendations for aftermarket Toaster pickups for 360/12.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks!
collin

Re: Best aftermarket Toasters?

Post by collin »

I know this isn't the answer you're looking for.......but I would recommend that there aren't any good aftermarket toasters.

None of the aftermarket options are actually built like a proper toaster pickup, so none of them have the sound. Furthermore, none of these companies have produced a toaster cover that looks exactly like those from RIC.

If you want a good pickup that doesn't sound like a Hi Gain or a Toaster (but fits the same footprint), the Lollar Broilers are pretty good. But it ain't a toaster, and not supposed to be one.

Careful with the "toasters" on ebay for $30/pair or whatever, they are Chinese made and sound terrible. The covers don't look right either.

Even at $160/pickup, I think the RIC Toasters are a pretty good value.
iiipopes
Intermediate Member

Post by iiipopes »

collin wrote:I know this isn't the answer you're looking for.......but I would recommend that there aren't any good aftermarket toasters.
This ^

Post by 82360 »

The Creamery's pickups get great reviews...I know some folks that have his Wide Range humbuckers.
https://www.creamery-pickups.co.uk/cust ... VdWaGZKgWo
Hopefully I'm getting a set of the Hi-Gain style that he makes. Not toasters, but I'll let you know how they sound.
aceonbass
Veteran RRF member

Post by aceonbass »

Since you're getting the hi gain style anyway, why not just have your stock hi gains unwound to 8k? This will give your pickups a much clearer tone closer to a Toaster without buying new pickups.

Return to “Winding Up With The Best: by Sergio Silva”