Meeting Sergio

Building pickups from the ground up

Moderator: jingle_jangle

rickcrazy
RRF Consultant

Post by rickcrazy »

Thanks, Bob. Well, between '73 and '75 I did have long hair. Then, as of late '75 I decided to shape up.Image
A Rickenbacker bass is much like the Jaguar E car - perennially ultra-fashionable.
rictified

Post by rictified »

haha! yeah me too from about '69 to forget when, maybe early '80's.
elysrand
Advanced Member

Post by elysrand »

So Sérgio, is THAT why you once were called Fabio, and appeared on the cover of all those romance novels, yes?

No wonder that Jaclyn was jealous and asked you to cut the hair off so she would not have to fight for your affections.... ")
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, and sit in with the band whenever you can, to keep your chops up!
rickcrazy
RRF Consultant

Post by rickcrazy »

Fabio Lanzoni? Well, I don't know about him, but once I stopped wearing my hair long things dramatically improved on every conceivable front, believe me. As for Jaclyn, she knows I deem her the best ever to come along, so, no worries there.ImageImage
A Rickenbacker bass is much like the Jaguar E car - perennially ultra-fashionable.
elysrand
Advanced Member

Post by elysrand »

OK, well then maybe it was you playing James Bond 007 at the movies, just after you cut your hair. I too let mine grow long from 1973 to 1976, and then cut it all short for the love of a girl summer of 76. Almost married her March 4th 1977, glad now that I did not. Should have listened to CSNY's "Almost cut my hair today" first.

I just know I have seen your face somewhere long ago, and you were a famous face. (Or was it infamous, maybe on the wall of a post office?) Image
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, and sit in with the band whenever you can, to keep your chops up!
rickcrazy
RRF Consultant

Post by rickcrazy »

Image What sort of infamous people have their picture on the wall of a post office? Image
Me, playing James Bond? Haha! That would be a first! Having said that, four years ago I handed this stunningly beautiful lady who was sitting all by herself at a local street café in downtown Lisbon the "Bond, James Bond" line, and what do you know? She let me get lucky with her. Image No, the lady in question was not Jaclyn. Who was she, then, you ask? Image My future wife. Image
Well, enough thread-hijacking. Shall we move on back to matters Rickenbacker, please?Image
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

Hi Sergio,

Are you available to rewind guitar hi gains? I broke the windings trying to remove the pole pieces and put toaster covers on.
There is no reason to ever be bored.

...why yes, I suppose I do have a double bound guitar fetish...

"Uh, I like the double bounds. . . ."
rickcrazy
RRF Consultant

Post by rickcrazy »

Sure, Paul. From what you tell me, these high-gains are pre-1991, right?
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

The hi gains were the arched pole piece hi gains. the top surface of the pickup bobbin is completely flush, meaning it does not have the raised bars/bumps of that more recent hi gains have that fit into the slots in the toaster covers. I like your idea of replacing alnico magnets in the pole pice holes, in effect making the pickup a 14k toaster. How do I contact you re pricing, et cetera, i.e. a straight rewind vs. replacing polepieces with alnico magnets.

Should I email you again, or will you contact me when you are available?

johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

Paul, you will find Sergio's work top notch and affordable.
rickcrazy
RRF Consultant

Post by rickcrazy »

Thanks, John. Paul, I did receive your e-mail(s), but apparently my reply did not get through.
You got 1991 high-gain pickups. I believe it's much simpler to build you a new pickup set (at no additional cost). Anyways, please do try and e-mail me again and we'll go from there.
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

Email sent. Thanks gentlemen.

paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

Did you receive my email reply okay Sergio? I did receive your email okay this time.

rickcrazy
RRF Consultant

Post by rickcrazy »

Yes, and I replied to it.

Return to “Winding Up With The Best: by Sergio Silva”