Veteran RRF member

Re: faulty toaster

Post by weemac »

rickcrazy wrote:Yes I have, many times actually, with excellent results. :idea:

H'mmmm! :)
schoolside

Post by schoolside »

I buy 8 toasters from the boutique, when testing the DCR one was reading 1.5M. This freak me out! I'm like WTF?, turn out the solder connection at the + lead, had a "cold" solder joint, it looked good even under magnification but was N/G. I apply a little heat wit my iron and now it back to 7.3k, now i'm happy for a little while. FWIW, I had to buy 4GE toasters at the walmart before i got a good one. Hey GE wake up over there in China! I'm glad I got the one in a million bad toaster from Ric, cause eye test it first, it might be because the way they bend the lead between the magnet for shipping...
soundmasterg
RRF Consultant

Post by soundmasterg »

The stock magnets from a P90 are the same as the stock magnets for a PAF, and they are too long for the Rickenbacker coil. If you use the shortie bar magnet that came in Gibson humbuckers when the T-Tops came out, then it might fit in the RIC coil. You would have to mount it vertically though though the middle of the coil because of the way the alnico magnet magnetizes. If you tried to mount it under the coil, unless you had polepieces with a very small diameter, or alnico bar magnets that are less wide than the Gibsons, I don't think they would fit under the bobbin.

Greg

Return to “Winding Up With The Best: by Sergio Silva”