Sergio Silva Where Are You

Building pickups from the ground up

Moderator: jingle_jangle

HKC

Sergio Silva Where Are You

Post by HKC »

I have been trying to get in contact with Sergio Silva for a while without any luck. I was very close to buying a set of 12K toasters from him but then he strangely disappeared. Now I am starting to worry if he's alright.
I am one of those mentioned in an earlier thread who would be interested in buying 12K pickups if anybody has some for sale. I have the 7.4K ones which are great (very great) for jangle but I would like a little more punch. I am not interesting in switching since the 7.4Ks will go straight onto my 330 12 string as soon as I get the hotter ones. It's so irritating that Ric didn't just keep the 12Ks in the catalogue but that's also very Ric :)
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Re: Sergio Silva Where Are You

Post by johnallg »

HKC wrote:I have been trying to get in contact with Sergio Silva for a while without any luck. I was very close to buying a set of 12K toasters from him but then he strangely disappeared. Now I am starting to worry if he's alright.
I am one of those mentioned in an earlier thread who would be interested in buying 12K pickups if anybody has some for sale. I have the 7.4K ones which are great (very great) for jangle but I would like a little more punch. I am not interesting in switching since the 7.4Ks will go straight onto my 330 12 string as soon as I get the hotter ones. It's so irritating that Ric didn't just keep the 12Ks in the catalogue but that's also very Ric :)
I have not seen Sergio post is a couple weeks.

But, if you have 12k higains, convert them to toasters. Remove the bottom magnet, get 1/4" diameter alnico5 rods, pull out the existing pole nails or adjustable bolts, open the holes to 1/4", put in the magnets, install toaster covers available online.
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Did you send Sergio a PM or an email. He usually responds in a reasonable amount of time. He's the best when it comes to converting, rewinding or making new pickups IMO. :D
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
rickcrazy
RRF Consultant

Post by rickcrazy »

Never fear, I'm right here! :wink: And everything's alright, honest!

My sincere apologies, Henrik. Truth is I did reply to your last PM of many weeks ago, but somehow I made a mistake and sent it to my own PM box!

The bobbins for the 12.0 K have been done for quite some time. I'll PM you in a couple hours.

Many thanks!
HKC

Post by HKC »

But now you're gone again :) I can't PM you, it stays in my outbox. Is your inbox maybe full. Still very much into getting your 12Ks

All the best
Henrik
rickcrazy
RRF Consultant

Post by rickcrazy »

I just PM'd you, Henrik, to let you know that the "toasters" are done. I'll check my inbox right now. Best, Sérgio.

Return to “Winding Up With The Best: by Sergio Silva”