Mr Hall, did you do this?

Building pickups from the ground up

Moderator: jingle_jangle

Petenbacker

Mr Hall, did you do this?

Post by Petenbacker »

Yeah it's me again! A baby ate my dingo. Would it be ok with you if I made a new scratch plate for my 481 and popped some Seymour Duncan's in? I have been told Sergio over there is the rewind king but he is thousands of miles away. Also without being disrespectful I have enjoyed these original humbuckers (legend has it you designed them) but I love my backer and I need her to scream again. With your consent only, of course. Also, I have circuit diagrams for her but I fear she was messed with between 76 and 87 when she arrived from San Diego. A wiring kit for a 481? Yours most sincerely. Pete ( hardcore Backer bloke).
collin

Re: Mr Hall, did you do this?

Post by collin »

Pete - who owns this guitar, you or John?
Petenbacker

Post by Petenbacker »

You make a good point Collin. I haven't found the inscription stating (this guitar remains the sole property of rickenbacker). I think I may have had a cuppla jars by then so maybe just needed a hug! About the wiring for the 481. Does anyone out there have a481 with original wiring and if so do they have a picture?
aceonbass
Veteran RRF member

Post by aceonbass »

Peter......The schematic for the original wiring can be found here....http://www.rickenbacker.com/pdfs/19518.pdf

Return to “Winding Up With The Best: by Sergio Silva”