Greatest Searchers Guitar Break/Riff

Answers to your questions about The Searchers
jjr
Veteran RRF member

Greatest Searchers Guitar Break/Riff

Post by jjr »

A trademark of the Searchers is their guitar work. Aside from the "jangling" backgrounds, they've done some great (and memorable)guitar solos and riffs. So let's get some favorites! If I had to pick a solo-second guitar break on "Saints and Searchers" followed by "Don't You Know". Riff (aside from "Needles" and "Room"), first choice "Since You Broke My Heart", followed by "Silver" and "Hearts In Her Eyes". Your choice?
You play the hand they deal you
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

John: I can't quarrel with any of your choices. One of my favourites continues to be the 12 string work on (I'll Be) Missing You. I also quite enjoy the nice rythm and lead work on "Shame Shame Shame." What I really enjoy about many Searchers' tunes is the fillers that Mike adds with his 12 string. He does some interesting 12-string work on many songs that I feel is under-rated. Even though he plays much of it on a Model 1993 Rose-Morris made by Rickenbacker, some of the picking is difficult. The 12 string is used on so many of their songs.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
RJHC

Post by RJHC »

_"DON'T YOU KNOW" IS THE PINNACLE OF MIKE PENDER'S

GUITAR WORK . BUT THERE ARE SO MANY CONTENDERS .

Return to “Searchers' Forum: by Roy Clough”