Searcher's Recordings

Answers to your questions about The Searchers
anon

Searcher's Recordings

Post by anon »

Maybe it's only me or the stereo equipment I had in 1963-1985 but It seems that the Searcher's records, especially the bass tracks seemed to lack that 'extra punch' when I played their albums. The bass track always seemed to be weak unlike those recordings of the Beatles or Stones. Do you agree?
jjr
Veteran RRF member

Post by jjr »

Depends on the song. I would put the bass on "Love Potion No. 9" right up there. Ditto "Hungry for Someone to Love", "Don't You Know", "Farmer John", "Saints and Searchers", "Have You Ever Loved Somebody". Remember that the bass started changing when the 12 strings started coming to the fore, the band became much more mid-tempo, and Frank joined up (his style drove/drives the engineers nuts)
You play the hand they deal you
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The early Hofner bass work of Tony Jackson is often a big booming sound much like McCartney got with his Violin bass. I always found Tony to be right out there with his bass lines and at times, perhaps, too loud.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

While we are on the subject of recording, it would certainly be nice to have some new material released by The Searchers. I understand that this is an expensive proposition and it takes from their touring income, but I am hopeful that a studio recording will arise in the future. It would be great to have some original compostions too. The live recordings are OK and perhaps more practical, but I still favour tracks from the studio.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277

Return to “Searchers' Forum: by Roy Clough”