RRF Consultant

SHOW US YOUR PEDALBOARDS!

Post by whojamfan »

Show us what you got and what each thing does in contributing to your sound. :D
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Re: SHOW US YOUR PEDALBOARDS!

Post by jdogric12 »

I just picked up an old Boss BCB-6 and am loving it. I've loaded it up with a CS-3 (sorry Steve :oops: ), SD-2, PH-1r, CH-1, EH-2, and of course the PSM-5 which was included. I am running that into a Line 6 DL4, then to amp. I currently have Modest Mike from Arkansas doing mods and "sprucing up" about 7 or 8 of my Boss pedals, so once I get those back I'll replace the CH-1 with a CE-2, and possibly the PSM-5 with my NS-2.

I love the NS-2 for killing annoying buzzes here and there.

The SD-2 is really a great sounding pedal for a simple Boss distortion, far superior to the DS-1.

For a long time I've been using a vintage Small Stone at home for recording, and an MXR Phase 90 for live stuff, which is a little silly since they are two different kinds of phase, so now I'm using the PH-1r live for a sound closer to what I've recorded on certain songs.

CE-2, what can I say? THE chorus, if you ask me.

EH-2 is the unsung hero of Boss pedal world. It's one of those things that... you can't really tell what it does until you turn it off. Then you wonder how you ever lived without it. It's basically a simple kind of phase that puts back that little bit of shimmer and sparkle you lose in your signal by running through a bunch of pedals.

I'll see if I can take some pics soon.
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

My pedal board consists currently of:

Guitar > Boss TU-2 Tuner > Janglebox compressor > Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer > Rocktron Austin Gold Overdrive > amp

Couple of pedals I'm currently saving up and jonesing for include the Dunlop Cry Baby wah, Wage Huge Red Llama overdrive, Boss Chorus (need a good recommendation for one), a Danelectro Chicken Salad vibrato (NOT tremolo) and of course, the Timmy.

The Rocktron Austin Gold Overdrive was bought two years ago after I was getting a lack of clarity with my Fuzz Face after two years. It was okay, but worked really well as a light drive for crunchy chords. Of course, those who own the Janglebox know of its capabilities and the Tube Screamer has been stuck with me for two years. It does what I need to and that's that. For reverb and tremolo, I don't need pedals, so I look no further than the footswitch for my Deluxe Reverb.

Now, either the Timmy or Red Llama will be the big lead sound and the Tube Screamer will become the light dirt rhythm sound. I've never owned a Wah, so I'd like to give one of those a go, and I've heard nothing but good things about the Dunlop's original Cry Baby, unless anyone else here can think of a better straight Wah Wah.
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

Here's mine. It's a home made job and works very well. I used parts of an Ikea book shelf, bought a roll of velcro, and put it together. You can see the power strip mounted on the inside of the head board. Next is the Rick-O-Sound splitter box. On the next lower board is the Jangle Box JB-2, the DI for my fiddle, and the original Jangle Box. On the last board are three MXR pedals; the Micro Chrous, Carbon Copy, and Micro Flanger. I constantly rearrange the board, shifting the Jangle Boxes around. My current signal path goes like this:
Rick 360/12 string neck p.u.-->JB-1-->Micro Chrous-->Micro Flanger-->Vox AC15 clean channel. Bridge p.u.-->JB-2--Music Man 110 RD-Fifty.

Gretsch 5120-->Carbon Copy-->Vox AC15 Top Boost channel
JimK
Attachments
100_0435.jpg
cassius987

Post by cassius987 »

I already posted it on this site in a different thread but here is the Tall Font Russian in action:
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Here's a picture of mine:
PedabBoard.jpg
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

cjj wrote:Here's a picture of mine:
PedabBoard.jpg
Shame :( Here is mine! :mrgreen:
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

I dunno Jeff, this seems more your speed:
pedal-board.jpg
:twisted: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Actually, I just recently picked up a Bass Big Muff π. I haven't had a chance to hook it up yet, but I guess I will soon have a pedal board.

Of course, I do have this, which in some ways does a lot of what various pedals would do:
InTheRack.jpg
Last edited by cjj on Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

I used to have a small pedalboard, with a Korg DT-7, Aphex Punch Factory, Sansamp VT Bass, EB VP Jr., and Voodoo Lab Tremolo and Pedal Power.

I still have the VP Jr. and now I have the BBM π and a MXR Analog Chorus and the DT-7, so I may put another small board together.
Last edited by jps on Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BuddyDog
Intermediate Member

Post by BuddyDog »

JakeK wrote:Now, either the Timmy or Red Llama will be the big lead sound and the Tube Screamer will become the light dirt rhythm sound.
You might have that backward, there Jake.

The Timmy is a lower gain overdrive than a tube screamer, but if you put the Timmy AFTER the tubescreamer, leave the Timmy on then hit the tube screamer, that puts it into a whole nuther dimension. You can have light crunch and an "Oh, Mama!" that way.

You can check out my rig, soon. 8)
2009 360/6 Fire-Glo 2009 360/12C63 FG 1975 4001 White/BT
Chords mangled, no waiting!
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

Steve, between you and Mike, I think I'll be able to give a Timmy a good test drive. Can't believe my trip is only two weeks away! :D 8)
Ivan3000
Advanced Member

Post by Ivan3000 »

Just one is all I need for the sound I'm looking for, its ontop of the amp because its never shut off:

Compressor Settings.jpg
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

Oh my, another pedalphile thread.... :lol:

I'll try to get some shots in of mine at rehearsal on Saturday; a few pedals have changed since the last time I shot photos of my pedalboard.
There is no reason to ever be bored.

...why yes, I suppose I do have a double bound guitar fetish...

"Uh, I like the double bounds. . . ."
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

I posted a pic on the RRF fb page.
kennyhowes
Veteran RRF member

Post by kennyhowes »

Mine:
That's it.