Coral Pink '51 Nocaster Super Relic

Non-Rickenbacker Guitars & Effects

Moderator: jingle_jangle

octagon

Coral Pink '51 Nocaster Super Relic

Post by octagon »

I won this on 2006 Nocaster Relic on Ebay

Fender calls it a '51 Nocaster but it is actually a Chimera.It has a '51 Nocaster body and a 60 Tele Custom neck. The color is Coral Pink but it looks more like a Pumpkin.That's why I bid on it,the auction was on Halloween,lol.

octagon

Re: Coral Pink '51 Nocaster Super Relic

Post by octagon »

Paul used to own an original Jazzmaster with a factory Coral finish. He said this in a thread about a 1961 Coral Stratocaster that was posted here back in 2009:

"I owned an early Jazzmaster in exactly this shade, painted over a sunburst. At the time I owned the guitar, I matched the color to a DuPont chip. It was a '55 Chevrolet color called, simply, "Coral". When I put it up for sale in '97, I got lots of interest. The three guys who came to the house wanted me to pull the neck, but I resisted. It eventually went, sight unseen, to a buyer in Switzerland in 2001. I knew it was original, but did not know how rare this color is."

Here is a photo of an unrestored 1955 Chevy Bel Air with original Coral and Gray factory paint job and a link to a story about this car. (link)

octagon

Re: Coral Pink '51 Nocaster Super Relic

Post by octagon »

This is my "Nocaster".

Return to “Forum 51 - The Quest For Tone: by Mike Snow”