New 12 string!

Non-Rickenbacker Guitars & Effects

Moderator: jingle_jangle

jps
RRF Consultant

New 12 string!

Post by jps »

I found this while on my trip to San Francisco the earlier part of this month.
Copyright © Tsuneyuki (Tony) Yamamoto 2011
Copyright © Tsuneyuki (Tony) Yamamoto 2011
I saw a lot of instruments while there but this spoke to me as I really needed :mrgreen: a 12 string guitar that I have not had in a while. :D It has a sparkly and VERY deep tone to it given its multiscale 25.5" - 27" scale lengths and large, jumbo body size (17" lower bout). But it feels very comfortable for such a large guitar due to it having both an arm bevel and a Manzer Wedge®.

We drove out and visited with Tony and I got to play a bunch of his guitars, some experimental, some older prototypes, and his personal guitar (in this video):

Then he showed us around his shop and some jigs and a few necks and bodies with cutaway opening to display his bracing techniques and neck to body mounting methods. It was a real pleasure to meet Tony and spend the afternoon learning about him and his guitars as the MS-12 I bought was the first one I have seen in person and would love to one day have a 6 string model from him.
kennyhowes
Veteran RRF member

Re: New 12 string!

Post by kennyhowes »

I was just playing a fan-fret Lowden 6-string the other day. Neato!
jps
RRF Consultant

Re: New 12 string!

Post by jps »

A few friends have played the guitar and not one of them felt the fan fret neck to even be a thought; it is just very natural feeling. 8)

Return to “Forum 51 - The Quest For Tone: by Mike Snow”