Great guitar collection video

Non-Rickenbacker Guitars & Effects

Moderator: jingle_jangle

jps
RRF Consultant

Great guitar collection video

Post by jps »

I came across this tonight. Too bad we only get to see a small part of the collection, though.

I almost bought one of those Gibsons he shows.

xpitt
Intermediate Member

Re: Great guitar collection video

Post by xpitt »

Amazing! Thanks for posting that, Jeff!
crstory

Post by crstory »

Wow. What a wonderful guitarist! That 000-45 is incredible. Super Rare indeed.
"A Promise never Broken is a strange thing, Indeed." Kevn Kinney
Kiddwad57
Intermediate Member

Post by Kiddwad57 »

I'm going to watch the whole thing but, right off the bat to see a Barker guitar was just too exciting! My first jazz lessons were with Bill back in 1975 I'd guess. A friend of mine, Rick Meyers, was a fellow 17 year old blues fan. Along about that time he had become interested in Chet Atkins and then Jazz and began encouraging me to expand in that direction. Rick started taking lessons from Bill and hooked me up for some lessons as well. The first tune Bill showed me was, "Baubles, Bangles and Beads."

We were in the lesson studio at Don's Musicland and Bill was attempting to teach me rudimentary theory while a banjo lesson was taking place in the next cubicle. After a while he looked at me and said, "I hate that instrument!" He also let me know about "licks" versus improvisation. Bill was a great player and a fine human being. I'm honored to have met him.

Haven't heard from Rick Meyers in years. He moved from a Les Paul to an L5S and then to a guitar that Bill built for him. He attended Berkely in Boston, hung out in Peoria for a couple of minutes and split for S.F.

I'm still on the path those guys laid in front of me and God bless them for offering their knowledge and patience.

Thanks for posting this Jeff!
Don't let democracy end democracy.

Return to “Forum 51 - The Quest For Tone: by Mike Snow”