Adjustable nut

Non-Rickenbacker Guitars & Effects

Moderator: jingle_jangle

jps
RRF Consultant

Adjustable nut

Post by jps »

Do you guys know about the adjustable for intonation and string height guitar nut?
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Re: Adjustable nut

Post by jdogric12 »

Pretty sure I've seen stuff like that before. Makes sense. Must either suck tone or be cost prohibitive.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

https://www.google.com/patents/US20100005944

Check out his luthiery on TGP.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Cool!
Ric5150

Post by Ric5150 »

It have two of his guitars. Hadn't responded as I haven't had a chance to load pictures and I've been here long enough to know you don't just post about guitars without pictures. :wink:

I still haven't had time for the pics, but here's a link to his site with galleries:
http://www.pauleliassonguitars.com/galleries/

I bought #72 from him on eBay. Right before Christmas, I saw the owner of #71 listed it on Reverb. Since I'd been an incredibly good boy all year, I bought it for me. 8)

The fretless is a major challenge, but I'm already doing better than I expected. If it doesn't work out, I'll try to sell it to one of you "musicians" - I'm just a guitar player....

#72 is a cool guitar. #71 is spectacular - in fact, I'd probably look into getting it fretted before selling it. He does really nice work.

He still has a few listed on eBay and there's one for sale on Reverb.

I was tempted to buy his #92 guitar - re-listed on eBay, but I'm talking with him about a custom. Something between #85 and #92, but I haven't settled on exactly where.

Since only the fretless has his special nut, I can't really comment on impact to tone/sustain - not a whole lot of sustain on any fretless, but then that's what the Sustainiac is for. :)

I'll try to post some pics for posterity....
Life is suffering; the cause of suffering is desire. Envy is a deadly sin. Save your soul, go ahead and buy another one....

Return to “Forum 51 - The Quest For Tone: by Mike Snow”