Fugazi

A journey beyond mainstream to rebel music

Fugazi

Postby (racket) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:43 am

So, as you can see by my number of posts, along with my joining date, I am a professional lurker.

However, when I saw there was going to be a section of the forum on the punk rock, I had to start a Fugazi thread.

Guy Picciotto makes some fantastic, albeit atypical, sounds come from a 330. And, he just looks so punk rock. You've got to love the duct tape over the horns and the tailpiece.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzC0RNkBXM0&feature=related

The band was started by Ian MacKaye who was in Minor Threat in the early 80s, and started Dischord records which was home to tons of great punk bands.

There's plenty more great Rickenbacker footage if you search Fugazi on youtube.

I was always more of the Smiths / REM type Rickenbacker fan, as opposed to the Beatles / Byrds type. When I saw Guy playing that 330 in the early 90s, that set the hook. I’ll never get rid of my 330jg, and its always going through the overdrive channel. (but hey, I play my 360/12 thru the overdrive channel too)
(racket)
Veteran RRF member

Re: Fugazi

Postby (rickyvox) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:26 am

great band ! they also have released a dvd with a lot of live footage where you can see plenty of times Picciotto 330's
(rickyvox)

Postby (danbind) » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:01 am

"Steady Diet of Nothing" is a brilliant album--definitely my favorite from Fugazi.
(danbind)

Postby (phlemmy) » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:39 am

They were a better than average band from that genre.
(phlemmy)

Postby (seanyfitz) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:33 pm

Guy is awesome insane. the documentary Instrument is awesome. There is a shot of Fugazi playing in a Gym, an Guy singing while pulling himself upside down through a basketball hoop., Oh yeah the opening live song with the ric and the sg of mckaye is awesome too!
(seanyfitz)

Postby (Darkhollow) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:38 pm

danbind wrote:"Steady Diet of Nothing" is a brilliant album--definitely my favorite from Fugazi.

Couldn't agree more, I grew up on that album in my early teens.
(Darkhollow)

Postby (AQuickOne) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:57 am

Guy employs the sickest tone a Rick can make! I really hope these guys put out another album soon...it's been like 7 years!
You are KAOS, I am CONTROL!
'98 FG 1997SPC/VB
(AQuickOne)

Return to Light My Garage, Torch My Fire!: by Sheena Colvin