Fugazi

A journey beyond mainstream to rebel music
racket
Veteran RRF member

Fugazi

Post by racket »

So, as you can see by my number of posts, along with my joining date, I am a professional lurker.

However, when I saw there was going to be a section of the forum on the punk rock, I had to start a Fugazi thread.

Guy Picciotto makes some fantastic, albeit atypical, sounds come from a 330. And, he just looks so punk rock. You've got to love the duct tape over the horns and the tailpiece.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzC0RNkB ... re=related

The band was started by Ian MacKaye who was in Minor Threat in the early 80s, and started Dischord records which was home to tons of great punk bands.

There's plenty more great Rickenbacker footage if you search Fugazi on youtube.

I was always more of the Smiths / REM type Rickenbacker fan, as opposed to the Beatles / Byrds type. When I saw Guy playing that 330 in the early 90s, that set the hook. I’ll never get rid of my 330jg, and its always going through the overdrive channel. (but hey, I play my 360/12 thru the overdrive channel too)
rickyvox

Re: Fugazi

Post by rickyvox »

great band ! they also have released a dvd with a lot of live footage where you can see plenty of times Picciotto 330's
danbind

Post by danbind »

"Steady Diet of Nothing" is a brilliant album--definitely my favorite from Fugazi.
phlemmy

Post by phlemmy »

They were a better than average band from that genre.
seanyfitz

Post by seanyfitz »

Guy is awesome insane. the documentary Instrument is awesome. There is a shot of Fugazi playing in a Gym, an Guy singing while pulling himself upside down through a basketball hoop., Oh yeah the opening live song with the ric and the sg of mckaye is awesome too!
Darkhollow

Post by Darkhollow »

danbind wrote:"Steady Diet of Nothing" is a brilliant album--definitely my favorite from Fugazi.
Couldn't agree more, I grew up on that album in my early teens.
AQuickOne

Post by AQuickOne »

Guy employs the sickest tone a Rick can make! I really hope these guys put out another album soon...it's been like 7 years!
You are KAOS, I am CONTROL!
'98 FG 1997SPC/VB

Return to “Light My Garage, Torch My Fire!: by Sheena Colvin”