RIP Chuck Biscuits

A journey beyond mainstream to rebel music
winston
Membership Admin

RIP Chuck Biscuits

Post by winston »

Punk drummer Chuck Biscuits dies

Chuck Biscuits, a British Columbia-born punk drummer who played with Danzig, Social Distortion and other bands has died. He was 44.

Biscuits, whose real name was Charles Montgomery, died Saturday after a long battle with throat cancer, according to ChartAttack.

He began as a musician on the Vancouver punk rock scene, where both he and his brother Ken Montgomery played for hardcore band D.O.A.

In 1982, he moved to California and played with punk legends Black Flag for five months.

He spent a period in the 1980s studying art but then got an offer from Rick Rubin to join Danzig and recorded four albums with the group led by Glenn Danzig.

He also played with Circle Jerks and Social Distortion before quitting punk in 1999. Biscuits also is credited on drum tracks for Run D.M.C's Tougher than Leather and Samhain's Final Descent.

Courtesy of CBC
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
longhouse
Advanced Member

Re: RIP Chuck Biscuits

Post by longhouse »

He was referred to as the Keith Moon of the underground.

Ugh. Another cancer victim. Godspeed Chuck.

Think I'll play a Danzig song now.
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Post by whojamfan »

Twas a hoax, Chucks still kickin' and stickin'! :D
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein

Return to “Light My Garage, Torch My Fire!: by Sheena Colvin”