Breaking News - Press Release for The Generators

A journey beyond mainstream to rebel music
scotty

Re: Breaking News - Press Release for The Generators

Post by scotty »

and the tracks ive heard are brilliant i couldn't be happier for one of my long term RRF mates.Im delighted for Mike and wish him all the very best.
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

scotty wrote:and the tracks ive heard are brilliant i couldn't be happier for one of my long term RRF mates.Im delighted for Mike and wish him all the very best.
I totally agree Scotty. The new release is going to blow some minds (in a very good way) methinks. :mrgreen:

If anyone asks, I know nuttink!!!! What tracks?
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Post by whojamfan »

New video out on youtube, don't know if I can post it here due to mild profanity, but the name of the tune is "You against you".

Hope ya like it :D
sowhat
RRF Consultant

Post by sowhat »

whojamfan wrote:New video out on youtube, don't know if I can post it here due to mild profanity, but the name of the tune is "You against you".

Cool. Had me thinking... could you please explain, Mike: what's the difference between punk and "classic" heavy metal? :twisted:
(No offense meant, i really liked the song.)
Nothing will get you dead quicker than being deadly serious about yourself.
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

It's a brilliant song Mike......as far as posting it on the forum goes...........unfortunately that one bad word you mentioned jumps out at you. :? The band is smoking hot on this song.

It's too bad about not being able to post it here, because it is a great song and it deserves to be listened to. At least you have it on youtube and facebook and I presume other places as well?
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
scotty

Post by scotty »

Shocking lewd nasty upsetting offensive rude abrasive coarse and thats just Mike.The vid is top:-)
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

Congratulations Mike!

That's too cool!

Best of luck!
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Post by whojamfan »

sowhat wrote:
whojamfan wrote:New video out on youtube, don't know if I can post it here due to mild profanity, but the name of the tune is "You against you".

Cool. Had me thinking... could you please explain, Mike: what's the difference between punk and "classic" heavy metal? :twisted:
(No offense meant, i really liked the song.)
Well I suppose the biggest differences would be hair and fashion, followed by metals high pitched falsetto screams, and a more "polished" studio sound. Classic metal tends to be riff repetative, with frequent guitar lead breaks, and much longer tunes. Classic metal seems to mainly be about having sex or things of the occult, where punk is usually more politically and socially based. Of course, all of this crosses over into each other.

I take it you're referring to the "Thin Lizzy" style harmonized guitars in the begining and after the first chorus. As far as "classic heavy metal" as the big guitar solo I did was a whopping 3 notes with an open E droning through :lol: There is a bit of harmonizing in old punk tunes, but much more prevalant in Metal, and it's leanings towards medieval themes.

Being middle aged, we have numerous influences in our music, and don't feel constrained by stereotypical genre rules. We have songs on this record that go from a mellow Tom Petty meets Neil Young kinda vibe with some slide guitar, to a streetpunk anthem Sham 69/Cockney Rejects/Stiff Little Fingers type thing, and all in between. This record doesn't just have the same thing going on through, there is some pretty good variety.

I really couldn't be happier with it as a whole. Hope you enjoy it too. :D
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

whojamfan wrote: We have songs on this record that go from a mellow Tom Petty meets Neil Young kinda vibe with some slide guitar, to a streetpunk anthem Sham 69/Cockney Rejects/Stiff Little Fingers type thing, and all in between. This record doesn't just have the same thing going on through, there is some pretty good variety.

I really couldn't be happier with it as a whole. Hope you enjoy it too. :D
Mike, it's a brilliant record. It is so fresh and full of energy and it speaks to social conditions that we all seem to find a way to put up with. Love it. Two thumbs up mate!

I can't wait for September to roll around. :D

sowhat
RRF Consultant

Post by sowhat »

Thanks Mike, and sorry for going off-topic. My question wasn't supposed to be serious but you've given a great observation, the only two "things" i'd add is that punk is a rock'n'roll's brother while classic metal is rather based on blues; and that punks don't tend to be deadly serious about what they do (which i love the most). Still, the feel is often much similar.
And of course, adopting best things from here and there is a great thing to do. That's what makes it all really cool and appealing to the listeners with different personalities, tempers, and even tastes.
And yeah, i really did enjoy the song, too bad just one word makes it unacceptable for the forum. Btw, would it be too impudent of me if i asked you, would you be so kind as to PM me the lyrics if it's not against some copyright laws or whatever? Find it hard to understand some of the lines. Sorreeee. :oops:
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Post by whojamfan »

sowhat wrote:And yeah, i really did enjoy the song, too bad just one word makes it unacceptable for the forum. Btw, would it be too impudent of me if i asked you, would you be so kind as to PM me the lyrics if it's not against some copyright laws or whatever? Find it hard to understand some of the lines. Sorreeee. :oops:
PM me your email and I will send you the lyric sheet for the whole record :D It's kinda hard for me to read, hopefully the final product will be easier, but the colors do me in. I'm sure you can blow it up or whatever.

I'd love to see ya at one or more of our shows next month in Europe, I hope you can make it!
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Post by whojamfan »

Check your email Sheena! :D
sowhat
RRF Consultant

Post by sowhat »

Got it, Mike. Thanks a ton!
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Post by whojamfan »

Still going, it's reported we have 3 more fans since my last post on this thread-haha.
sowhat
RRF Consultant

Post by sowhat »

Well, three is good enough, Mike. Or so i think. :D I've got no new fans... oh wait, i've "acquired" one, in about 2012, but lost him around August 2015. Or rather, he lost me. :twisted: Ah well, nevermind, but it was a funny experience — in some way.

Return to “Light My Garage, Torch My Fire!: by Sheena Colvin”