Famous Blues' Comments

Rock, Blues, R&B, Jazz, Country, Progressive and Metal music from 70’s on.
peewee
Intermediate Member

Re: Famous Blues' Comments

Post by peewee »

tamborineman wrote:I WANT MY DADDY'S RECORDS BACK ! Sanford and Son cira 1969.
LOL! That's one of my favorite episodes; Fred's "Blind Mellow Jelly" record collection w/ Bubba as "Blind Mellow Jelly, Jr.". That aired in '73 actually, but that's just me being an "ol' fish-eyed fool"! :lol:
tamborineman

Post by tamborineman »

hey Mike, I remember your buddy Catfish Hodge from his early days around Detroit and Ann Arbor, Michigan. Late 60's, early 70's.After all these years in the biz, he must have some pearls of wisdom 8)
peewee
Intermediate Member

Post by peewee »

tamborineman wrote:hey Mike, I remember your buddy Catfish Hodge from his early days around Detroit and Ann Arbor, Michigan. Late 60's, early 70's.After all these years in the biz, he must have some pearls of wisdom 8)
He's a trip, that's for sure! I have a great relationship w/ 'Fish; kinda like a second Dad to me. He's mellowed somewhat (he's 62 ) and has been clean and sober for about 17 years now. The guy has some great stories from over the years and as a bandleader, he really pushes you musically. The LP "Get Down" by the band Catfish on Epic is a really sought after record and I've seen them selling for huge $$ on eBay; Sony has since re-released it due to high demand. Most of the stuff pre-1990 is really hard to come by though.

When I think back on all the really great musicians he's worked with over his career - spanning 5 decades now - it's mind boggling. Freebo, all the folks in the original Little Feat (which became the band Chicken Legs after Lowell George's passing w/ 'Fish taking over), T. Lavitz, Bonnie Raitt, James Cotton, Jim Thackery, Cornell Dupree, Vassar Clemens.....man! It's an honor to have been with him over the last 7 years; I love the old man.

Return to “Groove Yard: by Admin”