Welcome, Brian Medway

Rock, Blues, R&B, Jazz, Country, Progressive and Metal music from 70’s on.
admin
Site Admin

Welcome, Brian Medway

Post by admin »

Please join me in welcoming Brian Medway as a RickResource Forum Consultant in what promises to be an exciting and revealing journey through the hallowed halls of the music business.

As a former professional musician who has experienced both the highs and lows of success and disappointment, Brian will focus on the hidden mysteries of the business and give you a forum to discuss the management of your career or your part time or amateur band. From my earlier discussions with him he promises that no stone will remain unturned.

This RickResource Forum topic area will also provide a place discuss the various influences that affect the management of a professional music career. Discussions will focus on the sharing of practical experience and Brian will be prepared to offer advice on how to navigate the deeper waters of the music business. The role of agents, managers, publishers and record companies can be explored and discussed in depth. He will also invite discussion on such topics as royalties, mechanical recording rights, song writing and copyright protection.

Aside from helping people understand "the business" of being a musician, Brian welcomes discussions that focus on what instruments were played or how they were played. He invites discussions on how to develop technique and feel in playing styles. This forum will also take an insider's look from a player's viewpoint at the music of all eras starting with the early beginnings of Rock ‘n Roll, stopping at Rhythm and Blues.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
Scastles

Re: Welcome, Brian Medway

Post by Scastles »

Swell deal, Brian. We'll all look forward to your tutelage.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Very cool, Brian! :D
rick_ovic
RRF Consultant

Post by rick_ovic »

Great stuff, Brian. :mrgreen:
bosco64
Veteran RRF member

Post by bosco64 »

Looking forward to hear your experiences and revelations Brian.
"Keep smiling, keep your mouth shut, and nobody gets hurt!" :mrgreen:
Don't bust Mike's chops...
'05 4003 BBR; '99 4001V63 FG; '96 4003S Trans Blue (custom refin from Paul W.)
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Welcome, Brian. Where/when do we start???
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Thanks very much for the warm welcome to this new area of the forum everybody. I very much appreciate your support.

As some of you can possibly imagine, this all a bit overwhelming but hang in there and as questions roll in and the topics start to take shape there will be a lot of material to sink your teeth into.

I have posted two starter topics and I invite you to take a look at them and give me your thoughts or questions and or start a whole new thread on a topic that is of particular interest to you.

One of the topics posted "Where Are They Now" will likely be a periodical topic (perhaps weekly) that is intended to allow us to do some amateur sleuthing and find out what happened to some stars of yesteryear.
Last edited by winston on Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
britye
Intermediate Member

Post by britye »

Welcome Brian..this will be informative as well as fun..Great start for 08
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Looking forward to your new groove in the forum, Brian! :D
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
kenposurf
RRF Consultant

Post by kenposurf »

Welcome Brian and Happy New Year!
sowhat
RRF Consultant

Post by sowhat »

Yoo-hoo. Finally, it happened. Congratulations!Image
Nothing will get you dead quicker than being deadly serious about yourself.
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

This is great, Brian!!

I'm looking forward to heaps of interesting stuff here. :D
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

sowhat wrote:Yoo-hoo. Finally, it happened. Congratulations!Image
Thank you Sheena,

You always have demonstrated a lot more faith in my inherent musical abilities than I seem willing to recognize. I thank you for that, and I look forward to your support as always.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

ozover50 wrote:This is great, Brian!!

I'm looking forward to heaps of interesting stuff here. :D
Thanks Aitch,

Hopefully we can have a load of fun with this and at the same I can share (in truth it's more of an opportunity to give back) some of my music business experience to those who may need it.

royclough
RRF Consultant

Post by royclough »

Well just noticed your new forum Brian, hope I can contribute in some way and that you still find the time to vist Clough's Classics.

Return to “Groove Yard: by Admin”