David Byrne's Music Industry Survival Guide

Rock, Blues, R&B, Jazz, Country, Progressive and Metal music from 70’s on.
lyle_from_minneapolis
Advanced Member

David Byrne's Music Industry Survival Guide

Post by lyle_from_minneapolis »

Very good article from Wired Magazine...David Byrne discusses the future of the music industry and how emerging artists might choose to navigate these new waters.

http://www.wired.com/entertainment/musi ... ntPage=all
winston
Membership Admin

Re: David Byrne's Music Industry Survival Guide

Post by winston »

Thanks Mark,

I'll give the article a read sometime today. In the meantime, if anyone has read it and cares to give us their view on the subject, or otherwise comment then please feel free to do so.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
winston
Membership Admin

Re: David Byrne's Music Industry Survival Guide

Post by winston »

Mark,

I have just completed my first read of this article. My immediate impression is that the author knows his subject well and has been through many similar experiences to those of us who have navigated the deeper waters of the music business.

His grasp of the subject, like mine is colored by his love of music. Thank you for posting this article. It touches on many aspects of the business. Much of what he has to say is fairly concise and authoritative. Certain elements that he only briefly comments on, I believe deserve much more scrutiny. Perhaps it might be interesting to disect and focus on some of what he had to say in this thread.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein

Return to “Groove Yard: by Admin”