The San Francisco Sound - Mike Wilhelm

Rock, Blues, R&B, Jazz, Country, Progressive and Metal music from 70’s on.
winston
Membership Admin

Re: The San Francisco Sound - Mike Wilhelm

Post by winston »

My apologies for not commenting earlier. I was away over Canadian Thanksgiving. What a great thread and Mike welcome to the forum. :D
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

jps wrote:
kiramdear wrote:Say, how'd you do that umlaut?
When you want an umlaut, say for Höfner, after typing the H hold down the option key while pressing the 'u' key, then type 'o'.

Do you have the Keyboard Viewer (KV) showing in the upper right part of your toolbar at the top of your screen? It looks like a small American flag near the time. If not, to show it, open System Preferences and click on International. Once there click on Input Menu; check the Keyboard Viewer box and it will show up in the toolbar. While you are at it you should check the Character Palette (CP) box, also. You will find a whole world of cool things such as:

⠣⠜⠎⠽⡄⠲⡿⡵⡺⡸ !

To use the KV, open the KV and to see the item you want hold down the option key and the little keyboard in the box will change it's characters. Find the one you want and follow the above directions. For the CP open it and find the content you desire with the left hand menu, then double click on the character to apply it to the text you are writing. Macs are just SO cool! 8) 8) 8)
Yep...on Apple. On windows you need to call up the Special Characters palette and fuss around with that. Or is there another way?
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

Cool stuff, Mike! I've been checking out your podcast page on flying snail, too. Hey, when did you get the 360? It looks like mine (except for the Bigsby). Very cool!
All I wanna do is rock!
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

jingle_jangle wrote:
jps wrote:
kiramdear wrote:Say, how'd you do that umlaut?
When you want an umlaut, say for Höfner, after typing the H hold down the option key while pressing the 'u' key, then type 'o'.

Do you have the Keyboard Viewer (KV) showing in the upper right part of your toolbar at the top of your screen? It looks like a small American flag near the time. If not, to show it, open System Preferences and click on International. Once there click on Input Menu; check the Keyboard Viewer box and it will show up in the toolbar. While you are at it you should check the Character Palette (CP) box, also. You will find a whole world of cool things such as:

⠣⠜⠎⠽⡄⠲⡿⡵⡺⡸ !

To use the KV, open the KV and to see the item you want hold down the option key and the little keyboard in the box will change it's characters. Find the one you want and follow the above directions. For the CP open it and find the content you desire with the left hand menu, then double click on the character to apply it to the text you are writing. Macs are just SO cool! 8) 8) 8)
Yep...on Apple. On windows you need to call up the Special Characters palette and fuss around with that. Or is there another way?
You mean there is something other than Apple? :twisted:

I have no idea with Windoze, but I would think somebody here knows. Anyone?
tonewoods

Post by tonewoods »

Hey Mike....

We used to pick together just about every week for awhile there at a coffee house north of the panhandle....Sacred Grounds?
This would have been in the mid-70's....

Tom Hobson led the festivities, and I was usually on mandolin...

I remember one night Richie Cole walked in and blew the place apart, with Eric vanDerWick on banjo with his 3" long nails.....scheech....

Them were the daze....
guitman
Professional Player

Post by guitman »

kiramdear wrote: Hey, when did you get the 360? It looks like mine (except for the Bigsby). Very cool!
The Rick 360 belonged to Cyril, he let me use it. I added the Bigsby.

I came into the Groovies with 2 Twin Reverb Amps with JBL D120Fs. I lent one to Cyril. Without asking me, he traded it in on a Roland JC120 Jazz Chorus amp. So when I left the group, I took the Rick by way of compensation. I later traded the 360 for a Gretsch 6120 double cut, first replacing the stock "R" tailpiece on the Rick.

Kira, check the screw holes under the tailpiece of your 360 next time you change strings. If there are holes from the Bigsby, chances are you have my old guitar!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - Sprung
guitman
Professional Player

Post by guitman »

tonewoods wrote:Hey Mike....

We used to pick together just about every week for awhile there at a coffee house north of the panhandle....Sacred Grounds?
This would have been in the mid-70's....

Tom Hobson led the festivities, and I was usually on mandolin...

I remember one night Richie Cole walked in and blew the place apart, with Eric vanDerWick on banjo with his 3" long nails.....scheech....

Them were the daze....
Yeah Bruce, those were indeed the daze at the Sacred Grounds. http://www.tomhobson.com and http://www.kingtet.com are the websites of (respectively) the late Tom Hobson and Eric Van der Wyck.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - Sprung
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

guitman wrote:
kiramdear wrote: Hey, when did you get the 360? It looks like mine (except for the Bigsby). Very cool!
The Rick 360 belonged to Cyril, he let me use it. I added the Bigsby.

I came into the Groovies with 2 Twin Reverb Amps with JBL D120Fs. I lent one to Cyril. Without asking me, he traded it in on a Roland JC120 Jazz Chorus amp. So when I left the group, I took the Rick by way of compensation. I later traded the 360 for a Gretsch 6120 double cut, first replacing the stock "R" tailpiece on the Rick.

Kira, check the screw holes under the tailpiece of your 360 next time you change strings. If there are holes from the Bigsby, chances are you have my old guitar!
Nah, mine is much newer than that - "93, I believe. It belonged to John Ashfield of The Bobbleheads' fame. Paul W. gave it a 6 inch fret board radius - it's a sweet player!

Sacred Grounds? Isn't that where you met Marc Meiselbach, the one who introduced us? Rainy Daze played there a lot.

Cyril traded a Twin Reverb for a Roland JC? Ouch! :evil:
All I wanna do is rock!
guitman
Professional Player

Post by guitman »

What a piece of work Mark was! :twisted: Pathological.
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

:lol: :lol: Don't get me started! :lol: :lol:
All I wanna do is rock!
guitman
Professional Player

Post by guitman »

I recently put up a photo gallery on my website of some of my guitars. Also put up some new videos and performance photos. http://mike-wilhelm.com.

Return to “Groove Yard: by Admin”