Chieli Minucci

Rock, Blues, R&B, Jazz, Country, Progressive and Metal music from 70’s on.
jps
RRF Consultant

Chieli Minucci

Post by jps »

Shari & I went to see a great band featuring guitarist Chieli Minucci Thursday evening at Night Town; Lao Tizer, keyboardist, brought the band to the club, which also featured Karen Briggs on violin. My ears are still ringing, but the music was amazing. For me though, Chieli was the star attraction, having seen him a couple times in the '80s and early '90s with his own band, Special EFX. I bought a DVD that Special EFX did a few years ago in Toronto where they did Stevie Wonder's song Cause We Ended As Lovers; as some else put it on YouTube: "Jeff Beck, stand aside"!!! 8)

I found this to give you an idea of Chiele's amazing talent. :shock: :D
jps
RRF Consultant

Re: Chieli Minucci

Post by jps »

More great guitar playing by Chieli. :D

Folkie
Advanced Member

Post by Folkie »

Jeff, I saw Chieli Minucci at Nighttown a little over a year ago. While I don't take well to smooth jazz, he has prodigious chops and is very versatile. I will cetainly see him the next time he's back in town. 8)
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Well, then you saw me at the table right in front of that great Cuban drummer! Were you there when Chieli was just warming up about ½ hour before the show? :shock: Amazing playing. He's a real nice guy, we talked for a while before the show, seems very down to Earth, and have communicated a bit since that time. He still plays the same two guitars since I first saw Special EFX in Los Angeles 25 years ago, the black Chet Atkins Nylon EA, and the Pensa-Suhr. 8)
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Folkie wrote:I will cetainly see him the next time he's back in town. 8)
He and Special EFX will be at the Akron Civic Theatre March 24th. I have my tickets ordered. :D Have you been to the ACT, Robert? Great historic venue.
Folkie
Advanced Member

Post by Folkie »

jps wrote:
Folkie wrote:I will cetainly see him the next time he's back in town. 8)
He and Special EFX will be at the Akron Civic Theatre March 24th. I have my tickets ordered. :D Have you been to the ACT, Robert? Great historic venue.
Jeff,

No, I've never been to the ACT. :oops: But I've heard great things about it over the years. How easy is it to get to from your part of town? :)

Robert
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

I just take 271 south to Rt 8 south to the Perkins Rd. exit in Akron, go right and take it to Main St., turn left and go a few short blocks to the theatre. Very simple, really.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&cp=8& ... d=0CBsQ_BI

Return to “Groove Yard: by Admin”