This kid is pretty good...

Rock, Blues, R&B, Jazz, Country, Progressive and Metal music from 70’s on.
jps
RRF Consultant

This kid is pretty good...

Post by jps »

...at guitar, eh?
Grey
Advanced Member

Re: This kid is pretty good...

Post by Grey »

I actually feel a bit sorry for him. When he plays he's like a robot, probably pressed into learning by his parents. There's no passion, and he gets all his arrangements from other musicians.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Well, he has time to develop his emotional side, and then show what he can really do. You have to start somewhere.
Grey
Advanced Member

Post by Grey »

jps wrote:Well, he has time to develop his emotional side, and then show what he can really do. You have to start somewhere.
That sentence dosen't make sense. :lol: To me, 'passion' isn't something you practice, you either have it or you don't. His technique is perfect, and far better than mine, but that's all there is when he plays, technical perfection.
What's more, his videos that rack up millions of views are all arrangements borrowed from other musicians who had the drive to write them, and they are often overshadowed by Sungha due to his young age.

Case in point. Watch Micheal Chapdelaine play his arrangement of Come Together. His video has 495,000 views. Sungha's has 5.3 million. Micheal's video was also uploaded 2 years prior.

Now watch Sungha play it.

Return to “Groove Yard: by Admin”