Led Zeppelin

Rock, Blues, R&B, Jazz, Country, Progressive and Metal music from 70’s on.
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Led Zeppelin

Post by JakeK »

Who's a fan of Zeppelin?

I bought the greatest hits album Mothership back in February, and copied the majority of the Original Studio Albums boxset from a friend (my CD drive in my computer refused to/could not copy about 5 songs!), and Jimmy Page is one of my favorite guitarists. He knows how to wail and to wail well. John Bonham has similarities to Keith Moon, and John Paul Jones has a style that isn't as thunderous (or twangy) like John Entwistle but not as thuddy as Paul McCartney, kind of a happy medium.

In other words, Zeppelin is a favorite band of mine, and they have some iconic songs of the '70s. However, Plant believes that "Stairway to Heaven" is NOT the definitive Zeppelin track.

As for what they are up to now, all I know is that Plant tours solo. I have no idea what JPJ and Page are up to.
cjj
RRF Moderator

Re: Led Zeppelin

Post by cjj »

Oh yeah, Led Zeppelin...
8) 8) 8)
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

Stairway to Heaven is the equivalent of the Chinese water torture to my ears, and less preferable to me than say, waterboarding. Other than that I can listen to them. :)
There is no reason to ever be bored.

...why yes, I suppose I do have a double bound guitar fetish...

"Uh, I like the double bounds. . . ."
idealassets

Post by idealassets »

JPJ is in the band "Them Crooked Vultures", with Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2XH5Krr ... re=related
Sorry to say, I do not like them at all, even with such a good lineup in the band.

Craig
2007 Guild F412 Blond
2011 Rickenbacker 360/12 Maple
manta
Intermediate Member

Post by manta »

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss have an absolutely wonderful fairly recent album out called Raising Sand. Gone, Gone Gone and Fortune Teller are superb covers of a couple old hits (and I prefer these songs over Stairway) and Please Read the Letter is powerful piece. This is a great album with some guitar work I am sure we all would enjoy.

Won a Grammy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JCcP-ee ... re=related
Last edited by manta on Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Manta (Tim Rock)
http://www.mantaraymusic.com
1993 Plus FG, 730L-12, 4001FL, Danelectro 6/12, Storyboard Strat
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

manta wrote:Robert Plant and Alison Krauss have an absolutely wonderful fairly recent album out called Raising Sand. Gone, Gone Gone and Fortune Teller are superb covers of a couple old hits and Please Read the Letter is powerful piece. This is a great album with some guitar work I am sure we all would enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JCcP-ee ... re=related
Shari & I went to see them when they toured a couple years ago, what a great show! 8)
RicOSoundMan

Post by RicOSoundMan »

I was very impressed By Them Crooked Vultures I was hoping for a U.S. tour but no avail. Check out JPJ three other solo albums. Zooma, Thunderchief and the Sporting life. Sporting life is a colaboration with singer Diamanda Gala's. There is also a soundtrack to a movie called "Scream for Help" that has arrangments by JPJ and has Pagey and Jon Anderson on it.
220px-GalasTheSportingLifeCover.jpg
John_Paul_Jones_-_The_Thunderthief.jpg
John_Paul_Jones_-_The_Thunderthief.jpg (6.86 KiB) Viewed 1434 times
John_Paul_Jones_-_Zooma.jpg
John_Paul_Jones_-_Zooma.jpg (7.98 KiB) Viewed 1434 times
ScreamForHelpcover.jpg
ScreamForHelpcover.jpg (11.62 KiB) Viewed 1434 times
My Ric Basses are:
76' 3000 MG ---09' 4003 MG
77' 3001 MG ---92' 2060 FG
77' 4001 Jetglo---93' 2060 FG
Other